LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a better idea to use the 5minute epoxy stuff than hot glue.

p.s. what do some of u use to hold down yor motors.

-twin

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zip ties look ugly to me. When I do build mine I will probably use the epoxy.

-twin

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by twin@Sep 3 2003, 07:37 PM
Zip ties look ugly to me. When I do build mine I will probably use the epoxy.

-twin
but you wont even see em.....

Last edited by biggeazy-e at Sep 3 2003, 09:17 PM

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
bro your best bet is using zip ties. there is many different sizes to use, also you can paint them.

hot glue is only good to make a mess. the motor is going to get hot. then the glue will get soft and the motor will unglue. especialy at a show where you would hop it all day. lets just say you burn a motor out at a show. you do need a outlet to heat up the gun to replace the motor.

super glue will leave a build up, the more motors you replace, the more build up you have. and if your tight in space thats not good idea.

i dont make brackets and screw them on, because they take to much room, pluse it weak'ns the frame.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I had no problems whatsoever with superglue and hotglue.
Hotglue is my favorite because of the great bond.
If your motors get so hot that the glue melts than there's something wrong...you use way to much volts.
When you have 3V high torque motor and put on 6volts for say a minute or so it will not get that hot.
But just try out some stuff and see what works for you. ;)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i hop my models all day at shows, plus i live in the desert, where its hot....anyways i use 7.2 volts for the motors. And if you are constantly hopping, the motors will get hot. but like J said, try it and find out what works for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts