LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm sorry.
what i mean is early models, and makes like when did corvett first have 4 wheel disc and what other cars came with them
\

or what year did GM first feature them

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
god, gm made that horrible lumina z 34 with 4 wheel disk brakes....

dark years for gm :(

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i know that the early 80s and up lincoln mark iv s and up have four wheel disk. also i am about to go pull the rearend out of one and bolt it into my monte carlo. thay both have the same mounts on the rear ends the only difference is the yolk. for that i am preatty sure you can take the yolk out of the old rer end and swap them out.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by eastbay_60@Dec 12 2003, 11:05 AM
i know that the early 80s and up lincoln mark iv s and up have four wheel disk. also i am about to go pull the rearend out of one and bolt it into my monte carlo. thay both have the same mounts on the rear ends the only difference is the yolk. for that i am preatty sure you can take the yolk out of the old rer end and swap them out.
are you say'n that a ford/lincoln rearend will bolt up to a chevy?
what year monte? im very interested, i have a monte :cool:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by dough916+Dec 14 2003, 08:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dough916 @ Dec 14 2003, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--eastbay_60@Dec 12 2003, 11:05 AM
what year monte? im very interested, i have a monte :cool:[/b][/quote]
anything can be put to anything when it comes to that stuff

where is a good place to get new brakes hardware???????????

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Dec 14 2003, 10:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Dec 14 2003, 10:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 08:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--eastbay_60
@Dec 12 2003, 11:05 AM

what year monte? im very interested, i have a monte :cool:
anything can be put to anything when it comes to that stuff

where is a good place to get new brakes hardware???????????[/b][/quote]
he said that they have the same mounts. i have never heard of a chevy and ford/lincoln having the same mount locations. yes, i have heard of cutting the mounts of a chevy rear end and welding them to a ford, or makeing custom mounts but not a straight swap.

as far as hardware try stainless steel brakes corp. i think the web pages is ssbrakes.com

·
Registered
34,352 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Dec 12 2003, 12:56 PM
did 71-72 corvetts have 4 wheel????
yea some of the early vettes had all disc brakes, im not sure what years though,..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Dec 13 2003, 09:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Dec 13 2003, 09:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KTownSwangin@Dec 13 2003, 12:35 AM
Caprices and I think Impala SS
what was the earliest year[/b][/quote]
I wouldnt know but if its a 91 up Caprice or a 94-96 Impala and it had a disc rear its out of one of those cars,also I think Camaro's had rear disc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts