LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

661 - 680 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I drop the tranny and notice that the torque converter didn't have oil in it , but the tranny measure full , could that have been the problem that the car ran like a v6 ? My next question is , is this a 700r tranny ? Short tail image.jpg before I buy the new one .

·
Registered
340 Posts
I need info on swapping a 200-4r into a '78 Cutlass. I have the 260V8 and 200 trans now,and it just went out. It has TV cables,the same as the 200-4r....I know the 200-4r is the same size,and you have to add the piece for the frame to accept the new mount. Anyone else replaced the junk 200 trans with a 200-4r?
You'll have to get a Crossmenber from a "G"body that came with the 2004R, aftermarket,or modify yours

·
Registered
15,698 Posts
I've got a th350 tranny in my 63 impala. I measured the tail shaft & it's 6" in length. Would a 700r4 trans fit in there or would the drive line need to be shortened?

·
Registered
852 Posts
i have a powerglide in my 64 impala. When i park it for the winter months here in michigan, after it has sat for a month or so, it barfs all the tranny fluid, i have read that this is normal for a powerglide?? I cant believe that, any ideas??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 1968 power glide transmission going on a 62 impala. The problem is that tranny did not come with slip yolk!! Anyone know the size or where I can get one? Please advice

661 - 680 of 680 Posts