thanks for the props :cool:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Doin same thing to mine... :cool:

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 27 2003, 12:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 27 2003, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--biggeazy-e@Dec 27 2003, 12:47 AM
:thumbsup: lookin good....
did ya notic no hood bump and tail wing :biggrin:

thanks for the props :cool:[/b][/quote]
finally a real regal :cool: i keep bumping mine back being that its a G body i might not get it done anytime soon

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
BTW, how did you get it so flat and smooth, the hood that is, resin?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dissko@Dec 27 2003, 09:18 AM
BTW, how did you get it so flat and smooth, the hood that is, resin?
its not flat :0 its like the real hood, it has a slite slope from both sides...because you know how the real hoods are.
but what i did was cut out the bump, got a small pease of styrene and glued it to the under side (note: use some cloths pins to hold the styrene to the hood so it gets really nice contact) then i use normal body filler...then modled it down to what i thought was right. :biggrin: DO NOT use the glazzing puddy for this, that shits just really thick primer...

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
A good thing to do, instead of using a small piece glued to the underside of the hood, is to cut a piece that'll cover the entire underside (except a little around the edges) That way it'll be smooth whenever you open it up.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I glued in a peice of plastic on the bottum, and then just used Squadron model putty or whatever to cover the top. And to get the scoop off, thats the easiest part, cut it out from the bottum.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I glued in a peice of plastic on the bottum, and then just used Squadron model putty or whatever to cover the top. And to get the scoop off, thats the easiest part, cut it out from the bottum.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 27 2003, 11:28 AM
A good thing to do, instead of using a small piece glued to the underside of the hood, is to cut a piece that'll cover the entire underside (except a little around the edges) That way it'll be smooth whenever you open it up.
well i didnt add i was going to cover the hole under side....i use the small peice because it can get closer

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Dec 27 2003, 02:19 PM
just curious, what primer did you use? By the way, its lookin hella good, cant wait to see more progress pics!

-Pablo ;)
they have primer called "High Build" it's for filling in small scratches and inperfections.
you can get it at walmart in the auto section or any of the parts stores.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thanks DUDE, im always interested in different primers people use, since primer is one VERY important stage and it does make a difference on which you use. I have bought the AUTO TOUCH from wal mart, dont really recomend it. Sorry to throw it off MARK, keep us posted!

-Pablo

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Dec 27 2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks DUDE, im always interested in different primers people use, since primer is one VERY important stage and it does make a difference on which you use. I have bought the AUTO TOUCH from wal mart, dont really recomend it. Sorry to throw it off MARK, keep us posted!

-Pablo
yes, primer is a very important part of a paintjob.
also, i learned that you need to plan out what paint you are using first.
like if you plan on using a laquer paint or base you need to use a laquer primer.
because if you use an enamel primer or anything enamel and spray laquer over it you will end up with a mess.
my "teacher" so to speak even took a body and did that just so i could see what it does.
not a pretty site.
but he said that you can spray enamel over laquer with no problem. something about the chemiclas or something :dunno:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Dec 27 2003, 07:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Dec 27 2003, 07:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--scrapin2low@Dec 27 2003, 02:27 PM

-Pablo
yes, primer is a very important part of a paintjob.
also, i learned that you need to plan out what paint you are using first.
like if you plan on using a laquer paint or base you need to use a laquer primer.
because if you use an enamel primer or anything enamel and spray laquer over it you will end up with a mess.
my "teacher" so to speak even took a body and did that just so i could see what it does.
not a pretty site.
but he said that you can spray enamel over laquer with no problem. something about the chemiclas or something :dunno:[/b][/quote]
yep, i always use white primer too. That way it doesn't affect the final color at all. And spraying laquer over enamal will screw some shit up. Since the laquer is "hot" so to speak, that why it crazes like that.

Last edited by 1ofaknd at Dec 27 2003, 07:12 PM

1 - 20 of 34 Posts