LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is it do lay gold leaf? my lac going to the body shop to get painted monday. i was wannting to get some gold leafing done, how much is gold leaf, and where can i buy it?

thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
[email protected]

Email that person they sell on ebay i bought my white gold from them real good stuff

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks mr impala!

i just emailed so....... well see what happens

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
if you want to know some tips, ask Angelo Maisano. think his name is paper chaser on here. if you can get a hold of him, he will talk your ear off too. :biggrin: always willing to keep "the art" alive.

·
I See You Bitch !!!
18,241 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Jul 26 2003, 01:25 PM
if you want to know some tips, ask Angelo Maisano. think his name is paper chaser on here. if you can get a hold of him, he will talk your ear off too. :biggrin: always willing to keep "the art" alive.
SORRY TO TELL YOU I'M NOT THE PINSTRIPER & I HAVE NO INTENTION ON TALKING YOUR EAR OFF :angry:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
the last link you posted is some of what the guy sales. I hit him back on email and told him what I was going to do and he said I would need the white gold so it could be cleared over.

Last edited by 64 at Aug 26 2003, 05:44 AM

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by PAPER CHASER+Aug 24 2003, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PAPER CHASER @ Aug 24 2003, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58@Jul 26 2003, 01:25 PM
if you want to know some tips, ask Angelo Maisano. think his name is paper chaser on here. if you can get a hold of him, he will talk your ear off too.  :biggrin: always willing to keep "the art" alive.
SORRY TO TELL YOU I'M NOT THE PINSTRIPER & I HAVE NO INTENTION ON TALKING YOUR EAR OFF :angry:[/b][/quote]
my bad. he has a name on here, but yeah again, mi mal.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by PAPER CHASER+Aug 25 2003, 02:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PAPER CHASER @ Aug 25 2003, 02:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58@Jul 26 2003, 01:25 PM
if you want to know some tips, ask Angelo Maisano. think his name is paper chaser on here. if you can get a hold of him, he will talk your ear off too.  :biggrin: always willing to keep "the art" alive.
SORRY TO TELL YOU I'M NOT THE PINSTRIPER & I HAVE NO INTENTION ON TALKING YOUR EAR OFF :angry:[/b][/quote]
lol...........

i wouldn't mind if someone talked my ear off.............

at least it wouldn't be a damn "secret"!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate secrets :angry:

oh and i have to comment on the american chopper guy........

keep in mind it was his FIRST time gold leafing too....so it is sorta easy......

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58+Aug 25 2003, 07:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeCounty58 @ Aug 25 2003, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -PAPER [email protected] 24 2003, 07:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58
@Jul 26 2003, 01:25 PM

SORRY TO TELL YOU I'M NOT THE PINSTRIPER & I HAVE NO INTENTION ON TALKING YOUR EAR OFF :angry:
my bad. he has a name on here, but yeah again, mi mal.[/b][/quote]
Im not aware he used the internet.....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/angelom

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
I dont think that stuff on American Choppers is real gold leaf.....

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
no its the fake vinyl but it does look good and it is alot cheaper

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
From what I read you go down to a local arts and craft store. THen buy the gold leafing tissue and glue. Apply the glue then gold leaf. Let it dry then with a brush access gold leaf will brush off.

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT+Sep 2 2003, 09:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SWITCHCRAFT @ Sep 2 2003, 09:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--showandgo@Sep 2 2003, 12:07 AM
no its the fake vinyl but it does look good and it is alot cheaper
:thumbsup:

by the way i like the impala you guy's did it is bad ass!!!!

dre's old impala[/b][/quote]
thank you :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts