LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
You need to lay down glue and get 22k gold not composition it runs about 45 for a book of 25 sheets, Best or Monarch is a real good brand
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mr impala@Dec 4 2003, 10:48 PM
You need to lay down glue and get 22k gold not composition it runs about 45 for a book of 25 sheets, Best or Monarch is a real good brand
NO I SAW SOME STUFF ON ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS THE GUY THAT PAINTS THERE BIKES USED IT
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by BKRSFLDHOMIE+Dec 4 2003, 11:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BKRSFLDHOMIE @ Dec 4 2003, 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--mr impala@Dec 4 2003, 10:48 PM
You need to lay down glue and get 22k gold not composition it runs about 45 for a book of 25 sheets, Best or Monarch is a real good brand
NO I SAW SOME STUFF ON ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS THE GUY THAT PAINTS THERE BIKES USED IT[/b][/quote]
Dont believe everything you see on TV homie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by mr impala+Dec 5 2003, 12:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mr impala @ Dec 5 2003, 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 11:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--mr impala
@Dec 4 2003, 10:48 PM
You need to lay down glue and get 22k gold not composition it runs about 45 for a book of 25 sheets, Best or Monarch is a real good brand

NO I SAW SOME STUFF ON ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS THE GUY THAT PAINTS THERE BIKES USED IT
Dont believe everything you see on TV homie[/b][/quote]
they used tape on some of their bikes...... :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
I could get you some. The stuff that you are talking about is not real gold leaf, but it looks kind of like it. It goes on alot like vinyl striping. Do you want real gold leaf or the vinyl? These other guys are talking about real leaf.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
My boy in town has been using some stuff that looks like gold leaf but is 24k gold & comes in different patters like the macchine swirls on the 64 impala SS trim & different ones.

He said it lasts alot longer too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by 2drWood@Dec 5 2003, 04:48 PM
My boy in town has been using some stuff that looks like gold leaf but is 24k gold & comes in different patters like the macchine swirls on the 64 impala SS trim & different ones.

He said it lasts alot longer too
dont you use a little tool to make the swirls?

gold leaf is hot....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Dec 5 2003, 06:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Dec 5 2003, 06:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--2drWood@Dec 5 2003, 04:48 PM
My boy in town has been using some stuff that looks like gold leaf but is 24k gold & comes in different patters like the macchine swirls on the 64 impala SS trim & different ones.

He said it lasts alot longer too
dont you use a little tool to make the swirls?

gold leaf is hot....[/b][/quote]
Yea but I think this comes all ready swirled & you can get it in different size swirls or different patterns all together but its tight & they do a hella job.

Anyone near central Ohio that needs it done I would recommend going to him.

Or they can do regular gold leafing also but he says on cars it don't last as long as the other stuff. He gold leafed a big ass OCC sign for behind his bar & its tight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
They got a sample chart in the showroom of all the patterns I'll try & take a pic of it
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top