LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

41 - 60 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just finished plating these Euro cuttlas grilles. They are used grilles that I had in the garage. I spent several hours cleaning and polishing them before starting the plating process. The one on the left (driver side) was more worn and came out a little dull .But other than that, they look good. :cool:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If it is chrome over plastic then yeah. These grilles are plastic. As long as the chrome is is in good condition is all that matters. The gold is gonna look as good as the chrome does. Thats why one of the grilles is a little dull. The chrome was worn and dull so thats how the gold came out. But as long as your parts are perfect and shiny, Then its all good. :cool:

·
Registered
39,440 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Jul 12 2008, 08:02 PM~11074087
Just finished plating these Euro cuttlas grilles. They are used grilles that I had in the garage. I spent several hours cleaning and polishing them before starting the plating process. The one on the left (driver side) was more worn and came out a little dull .But other than that, they look good. If anyone is interested in buying them .I'll take $55.00 shipped for the pair :biggrin:

looks real good dude :cool:

·
ELITE No Cal
5,648 Posts
how much would you charge to do the trim around the head lights ,the wheel well trim and the tailight trim on a bigbody?

·
ELITE No Cal
5,648 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 7 2008, 01:34 PM~11285720
probly like $150.
:0

r u busy? or avaliable to do parts in like a month or so?

·
Registered
156 Posts
TTT for the homie. :thumbsup:

How much for '83 caddy headlight bezels, bumper guards, fender trim, lower rockers, rear taillight housing, and that one chrome trim/molding on top of the grill? (whatever the fuck its called). :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Originally posted by calilife83@Aug 20 2008, 12:32 AM~11390860
TTT for the homie. :thumbsup:

How much for '83 caddy headlight bezels, bumper guards, fender trim, lower rockers, rear taillight housing, and that one chrome trim/molding on top of the grill? (whatever the fuck its called). :biggrin:
I havn't had a chance to do any stainless yet. From what I've heard it takes more gold to cover it and it doesnt come out as nice as chrome parts. I'm sure if the stainless parts are buffed to a real good mirror finsh. Then they will look fine. Just make sure the parts are buffed first. I need to order a special chemical to activate stainless though (been lagging on that) as far as pricing, set of 4 fender trim $150, Large rockers $300 full set.

Lets see the other stuff ,Headlight bezels $75 pair, Taillight housings $100 pair, Grill shell $75, bumper gaurds $50 pair

41 - 60 of 497 Posts