LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've just talked to what is aparrently the only goldplater in sweden cause i wanted to re-plate my frame, and he told me it would probebly cost me around 10 000Kr to plate it, in other words around $1310. and i doooont have that kind of money.
how much does it cost to get it done in the us? i dont wanna just mail away my frame, seems a little bit too risky. but i might bring it along if i go there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i asked him why it was so expensive compared to getting it done in the us, since goldplated parts arnt that much more expensive then the "gold toned" parts, he said they order the gold from the states 2000kr a jar and when it gets here its 7000kr a jar, and then there's a bunch a rules and regulations that makes them pay even more money for some other cyanid and some other stuff used in the process.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by cist@Sep 15 2005, 04:32 AM~3819186
i've just talked to what is aparrently the only goldplater in sweden cause i wanted to re-plate my frame, and he told me it would probebly cost me around 10 000Kr to plate it, in other words around $1310. and i doooont have that kind of money.
how much does it cost to get it done in the us? i dont wanna just mail away my frame, seems a little bit too risky. but i might bring it along if i go there.
I could get you a whole new frame in 24K and have it shipped for less than that. I'll have to check to get an exact price but i know it won't be that much. I'll hook it up if your serious about it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but i dont want a new frame, i want the one i got now, cause itäs a bit different, i dont know if it qualifies as engravings but i got these engraved "swirls" around it.. i dont have a picture right now.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by cist@Sep 18 2005, 03:38 PM~3838088
but i dont want a new frame, i want the one i got now, cause itäs a bit different, i dont know if it qualifies as engravings but i got these engraved "swirls" around it.. i dont have a picture right now.
i know you don't want a new frame but by the time you spend the money to ship your frame over here I could almost get you a new one and then have the new one sent out to be plated. That way you could always sell the frame you have or build another bike with it. By the way this is probably the frame you have

[attachmentid=280756]

I can also 2 tone it if you want it that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Originally posted by Bigtyme@Sep 18 2005, 07:00 PM~3839251
weren't those frames called tube twist
no if i recall corectly i believe those frames are called UGLY...lol

and that shits prolly not even real gold plated... just anodized gold...

and we got about 9 pallets of brass/cyanide/alkaline at the shop that we want to sell or something we dont need it its just taking up space...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by lil deville@Sep 19 2005, 02:04 AM~3839291
i know  you don't want a new frame but by the time you spend the money to ship your frame over here I could almost get you a new one and then have the new one sent out to be plated. That way you could always sell the frame you have or build another bike with it. By the way this is probably the frame you have

[attachmentid=280756]

I can also 2 tone it if you want it that way.

yeah thats the one i got. the thing is, if i order something from the us it costs twice as much when i get it, because of the shipping and the taxes and so on. what would a new gold plated frame cost me?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.