LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the professional gliders out there,is there any way I can speed up the tack time on my sizing?I'm using one shot fast drying sizing,but we have high humidity here and it still tacks hr. and half for my sizing to tack,and thats using composition leaf. anything I can add to the sizing to speed up the tack?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
you shouldnt be applying it when it still has tack to it...you should wait until its beyond having a tacky feel to it, similiar to 2 day old oil based house paint...if you apply it when it is still tacky the sizing will dry further and shrink the leaf which will take some of the luster away...

i dont know of anything to speed up the process

patience man

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No,appling the leaf to early was a lesson I learn earlier when I first started.More u glide the more u learn,similar to welding in my case. I've learn u can apply the composition leaf a little early than 23kt or rare silver,and thats what I'm using on this one project i got right now.Humidity+time it takes to dry=6" to 8" an hr. Just tring to find an additive to speed up dry time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Couldn't you just use the spray on sizing? I've done ver little of this, but i know it only takes like 2 minutes for it to be ready!

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Aug 24 2006, 11:13 PM~6037800
use water base size.
i would only do that if im going to topcoat it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts