LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 87 regal. i want it to have great bass, great mids and highs. i do not want to be putting subs in the trunk...( i tested a pair of subs in the bad ....nothing but rattle!)
so i want opions please. i was thinking replace the factory 4x10s get q-logic kick panels and put 5 1/2 midbass drives in there along with teeters.
what are the better speckers? what should i get?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Nov 22 2003, 06:13 AM
ok i have a 87 regal. i want it to have great bass, great mids and highs. i do not want to be putting subs in the trunk...( i tested a pair of subs in the bad ....nothing but rattle!)
so i want opions please. i was thinking replace the factory 4x10s get q-logic kick panels and put 5 1/2 midbass drives in there along with teeters.
what are the better speckers? what should i get?
my cousin had 3 10's in the trunk and it didn't rattle that bad.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tested 3 10s shit rattled like a mug! i also have a 12 gallon ait tank and a full size 13" spare yo work around.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
where u gonna put the subs?? i got a 2 door 83, n imm put a 12 right under the side(back) window on each side.,... kno where im talkn bout??

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Latinplaya9@Nov 23 2003, 07:48 PM
where u gonna put the subs?? i got a 2 door 83, n imm put a 12 right under the side(back) window on each side.,... kno where im talkn bout??
this sounds like a crazy idea!!!! humm im not in the back seat just hanging out to often, got other things on my minde lol. so im going to go take a look and see what im working with! how are you molding the subs in? got pics?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i can see that you have a clean slate to work with. but my guts are og ...i dont want to mess em up....im trying to think of a way to pull this off in my ride

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
yea i feel u but u can see right under the back window, thats where imma put my 12, one on each side.... i dunno how u could do it... not really too many other places to put it other than tha trunk... theres always a way to put it there without fuckn it up... juss gotta find it...

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
you could always put some free air and put them in the rear deck and just make sure that your trunk is sealed off well. And if u face the sub forward in the trunk of you car instead of to the back there should be less rattles, but the bass will be different.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Nov 24 2003, 04:08 PM
you could always put some free air and put them in the rear deck and just make sure that your trunk is sealed off well. And if u face the sub forward in the trunk of you car instead of to the back there should be less rattles, but the bass will be different.
yea thats tru..... if i put them subs where i said i was going to, will it be better to get air-free ones, o regular subs??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
???

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
nah not really that seald...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts