LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

First off, sorry if this is being posted in the wrong section of the board, I just couldn't see a "New Persons" area.

Well, I'm 19, and from Sussex in merry England. I've always liked certain American cars (although I can't say I like any you guys have produced in the last 10 years! sorry), and I am now thinking about getting a classic and turning it in to what you lot call a low rider.

The cars I am thinking about at the moment are...

Cadillac Coupe DeVille 1976
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 1972
Buick Regal 1980's (Not sure what years they made, and if they changed styles)

As far as my knowledge goes on these, and all the other lowriders, it pretty limited. I have just been trying to take as much in from your site, and others.

What I really want to know is things like engine sizes, different models (shapes), and then information about different types of hydraulic systems, and most importantly rims! I love the 13" Gold wire wheels, but don't know anything about who produces them, and fitments etc.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded introduction.

It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

Oli

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by UCE-ORLANDO@Sep 4 2005, 09:32 PM~3750781
If and when this gets moved to off topic It will be Bloody murder. ;)

hahaha hell yeah

but theres some english dudes on here theyll hit you up and give you info abou the english lowrider scene

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello old chap, welcome to the boards. Don't worry, no one really likes the last 10 years of american cars.

I read his in that odd accent too, I even typed mine thinking in that odd english accent.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hi mate
im aussie but have lived in stepney, east london for last 9 months. check out these forums for english lowriding

http://www.unity.i8i.co.uk

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
Originally posted by KTownSwangin@Sep 4 2005, 01:07 PM~3750672
when i read that for some reason i heard one of those funny english accents  :dunno:
:roflmao: No shit, I heard it too. I don't know why, I don't read Hopper Ali's posts like that. :dunno:

·
Banned
49,003 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sup!

Whereabouts in Sussex you at? I live in Brighton, you might see me in my '70 Impala on 20" wires.

Get yourself a yank dude, I wish I'd done it years ago!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually Geoff, I'm off SMCC.

I tried to make my post as English sounding as possible, for all you lovely Yanks.

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
You guys should just 69 each other now and get it over with.

BTW, Welcome to LIL. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts