LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it's an internal thing. the front left side drops on its own. and dont take long to drop either. so i closed the slowdown.. it same thing happened. so i took the check valve out. cleaned it out with some brakeclean. still does it.
any ideas on where to look next.
aslo i was lookin at a diagram of the oil flow(the one in the tech section) can someone explain to me how closing the slowdown can tell u which is leaking the dump or the check??? its late an im tired.. and i just cant see it.
thanks for the help.
layta

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by socapots@Jul 26 2005, 10:03 PM
so it's an internal thing. the front left side drops on its own. and dont take long to drop either. so i closed the slowdown.. it same thing happened. so i took the check valve out. cleaned it out with some brakeclean. still does it.
any ideas on where to look next.
aslo i was lookin at a diagram of the oil flow(the one in the tech section) can someone explain to me how closing the slowdown can tell u which is leaking the dump or the check??? its late an im tired.. and i just cant see it.
thanks for the help.
layta
[snapback]3487311[/snapback]​
its like this.........when the check is working properly the fluid will go through the dump then the slowdown, and back to the return line. now when the check fails then the fluid goes through the check and also through the dump, slowdown and return line. ok well if you close the dump side with the slowdown tight all the way down, then the fluid can only go through the check and if the check is bad, its going to let the fluid go through. i tried to explain the best i could, hope that helps :)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Originally posted by texasgold@Jul 27 2005, 12:24 AM
its like this.........when the check is working properly the fluid will go through the dump then the slowdown, and back to the return line.  now when the check fails then the fluid goes through the check and also through the dump, slowdown and  return line.  ok well if you close the dump side with the slowdown tight all the way down, then the fluid can only go through the check and if the check is bad, its going to let the fluid go through.  i tried to explain the best i could, hope that helps :)
[snapback]3487523[/snapback]​

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
well in other words if your slowdown open and it falls it's your dumps.....
if your slowdowns are closed its your check valves

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Most likely it is your checks, some times they get dirt, or particles in them, and let a little creep by, if it was your dumps, you would know, it will dump quickly.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

but for me just by lookin at a pic like this i would assume that if the check was leaking it would have to leak past the dump first.. i dunno.. i'll take everones words for it. i think i will swap out the 2 checks and see what happens. never had an internal leak before and this season i got 1 in and 1 out.
as far as the check being dirty.. i took it completly apart. spring ball the whole 9.. so if it is still the check it's gotta be damaged.. just gotta be.. think ima do a fluid change as well.. never done one as yet.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol.. yeah that dawned no me about 3:38pm yesteday.. lol.. but thanks for the confimation.. dunno why i thought it did anything else. oh well.. gettin a new check today and a hose for the other side as well.
thanks again to all for the input.
oh an i put my wheels on for anyone intersted in check in it out
layta

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright.. so i took the check out and showed to the shop i was gettin a new hose made at, guy said he didnt have. told me to take it appart.. and to give the ball a smack with a punch an hammer. thought he was on crack for a sec. then i thought about it an figured what the hell i need a new one anyways. so i take it appart(pull everything but the ball out) an gave it a smack.. an whaddya know.. shit worked. and thehose seems like it will work as welll. however it doesnt seem to be a rugged as the original one i got with my kit..
oh well. guess well see what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts