LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, all my life I've worked on ricers. Now its time for me to man up get some american muscle and some american taste. So I did it. I found, what I thought was a good deal, on a 79 buick regal with a 350 transplant.... The car need the whole works done to it. Probably a frame off project... My quistion is is I need you guys to help me.

Q: The Vinyl from rear window back is cracked and old and pulling from the car, where can I purchase another top of such make? Or is the way to fix this issue is to buy your color vinyl and attach it as so? What vinyl do you guys prefer?

Q: The car has many rusted sports such as rear quarter panel, some spots that are actualy around the vinyl top that give the car its body line features.... and saved the best for last... the floor board.... What do you all racomend. I do a lot of body work but I may have bit off more than I can chew, maybe this is more than anyone wants to chew. Should i buy a donor car that has NO engine for cheap?

Q: The only reason I bought this car was for hydraulic installation... I decided I wanted a car that had a frame that I could wrap so that I could 3 wheel this biatch.
I know the hydros should come last... but... is the installation on this car pretty basic? like coil over or under on all 4 corners with a little measuring and torching?

For Anyone Who Took The Time To Read Thank You Very Much And Thank You For You Comments......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I thought about jsut pulling the body off the car and doing a frame wrap and engine build up.

Is there any other bodies that will fit the frame? Is it 78-88 regals the same?

Anyone out there know of a good resource for bodies? or a place I could piece the body together? I'm going to build this car for a couple of years. Not for a show car but one hell of a cruiser. This regal has caught my eyes for years and I'm willing to get it to perfect shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts