LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up homies i got a question. ok here is a quick break down of what im workin wit. i got a 1984 chevy caprice classic its four door and i got 8 batteries and 3 pumps two for the rear one for the front. heres my problem when i raise the front the driver side lifts faster then the other side. some times when i wanna lock it up i got to hit the switch twice. can some one please tell me why this happens and how to fix it. thanks you

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
There are a few different causes that make the front raise unevenly, you could have a slightly bent stroke on one side, maybe the rear isnt level when your raising the front. could be air or debris in your hydraulic line.

And as far as it taking two licks to lock up the front that could be a few things also, Do you have short coils or collapsed coils? are your batterys charged completly? is your pumphead old and expanding or maybe even you lost preassure threw a pumphead seal?

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
MINE COMES UP UNEVEN , I JUST LIVE WITH IT.....

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
even if one side in the rear is slightly higher than the other mine will raise uneven, like when my coil sits crooked on the cup sometimes from 3 wheeling, untill it fully seats into place, it will lift uneven.. try to level tha back out and lift the front...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think it does have something to do wit my rear lifting uneven. dam i started re doing my wires in the trunk for my panel and switch box. here are some before shots i will post the finished product tomorrow. p.s remember i am cleaning up some other persons mess and this is my first low low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts