LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a high three wheel on my 64. Standing and moving. I was thinking of installing 4 pumps 10 batts extending the drive shaft and putting 14 inch super strokers in the rear. Should i get 8's or 10's in the front. I want a really nice high three wheel! Would it help to get a chain bridge yes or no? I want a three wheel like the 64 convertible in the Jan. 2004 issue of lowrider on page 169. It is the one at the top hittin that high ass standing three! I want one just like that what do i have to do to get three like that?????????

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
get at least some 14 inch rear cylinders, the more the better, (STREET SWEEPAZ has 20 inch rear cylinders), 8 inch cylinders in the front, and place the batts either on the fenders, or along the back, and have a coil over set-up with powerballs ;)

in a 64, the chain bridge is not necessary, the coilover should so just fine, but to each his own :cool:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
to get a high 3 like that you need to build a custom rear end like a wishbone/slingshot setup or a 4-link. and extending your driveshaft is a no-no. you need to get a slipshaft with a real long splince travel to make that work cuz when you lock up a car like that the driveshaft needs to become shorter not longer...
and you wont ever need more than 8"s in the front cuz there aint enough suspension travel there to need a 10" even with extended a-arms.

my 3 with 20" bigdaddy cylinders:

it has a wishbone/slingshot rear end.

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Dec 22 2003, 04:05 AM
to get a high 3 like that you need to build a custom rear end like a wishbone/slingshot setup or a 4-link. and extending your driveshaft is a no-no. you need to get a slipshaft with a real long splince travel to make that work cuz when you lock up a car like that the driveshaft needs to become shorter not longer...
and you wont ever need more than 8"s in the front cuz there aint enough suspension travel there to need a 10" even with extended a-arms.

:0

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Dec 22 2003, 01:01 AM
get at least some 14 inch rear cylinders, the more the better, (STREET SWEEPAZ has 20 inch rear cylinders), 8 inch cylinders in the front, and place the batts either on the fenders, or along the back, and have a coil over set-up with powerballs ;)

in a 64, the chain bridge is not necessary, the coilover should so just fine, but to each his own :cool:
Hey homie, you have any pics of the coil-over from Bob's 64?......can you get some?

L8

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot for all the info! How hard is it to do a wishbone/slingshot rear end? And if i have done whats an estimate it will run me?
Thnaks
Jay

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Dec 22 2003, 01:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Dec 22 2003, 01:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Dec 22 2003, 04:05 AM

:0[/b][/quote]
that three wheel is nice! i want one like that! how many pumps you got and how many batteries you running?

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
One thing that I notice is that people often neglect to mention that a strong, well reinforced frame is a very important part of the equation. Three wheeling twists the frame and the car doesn't last long if you don't reinforce it.... frame wraps are not just for hoppers. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Dec 23 2003, 05:37 AM
One thing that I notice is that people often neglect to mention that a strong, well reinforced frame is a very important part of the equation. Three wheeling twists the frame and the car doesn't last long if you don't reinforce it.... frame wraps are not just for hoppers. ;) ;) ;)
now thats true! blackmagic knows what's up as useal!
hows it going homie! ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by bigjaydogg+Dec 23 2003, 05:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigjaydogg @ Dec 23 2003, 05:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 22 2003, 01:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--badass 64
@Dec 22 2003, 04:05 AM

:0
that three wheel is nice! i want one like that! how many pumps you got and how many batteries you running?[/b][/quote]
in the pic (old pic) i was running 8 batts in 2 bays across the sides and 4 pumps. (14 batts now)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Dec 22 2003, 01:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Dec 22 2003, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal@Dec 22 2003, 01:01 AM

in a 64, the chain bridge is not necessary, the coilover should so just fine, but to each his own  :cool:
Hey homie, you have any pics of the coil-over from Bob's 64?......can you get some?

L8[/b][/quote]
there is some posted in the POST YOUR RIDES FORUM!!!!!!!!!! under the build up of his car ;)

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal+Dec 23 2003, 05:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigNasty85Regal @ Dec 23 2003, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 22 2003, 01:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal
@Dec 22 2003, 01:01 AM

in a 64, the chain bridge is not necessary, the coilover should so just fine, but to each his own  :cool:

L8
there is some posted in the POST YOUR RIDES FORUM!!!!!!!!!! under the build up of his car ;)[/b][/quote]
Got a link to it?.....I couldn't find it!

L8 :cool:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Dec 24 2003, 05:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Dec 24 2003, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 22 2003, 01:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal
@Dec 22 2003, 01:01 AM

in a 64, the chain bridge is not necessary, the coilover should so just fine, but to each his own ?:cool:

L8

there is some posted in the POST YOUR RIDES FORUM!!!!!!!!!! under the build up of his car ;)
Got a link to it?.....I couldn't find it!

L8 :cool:[/b][/quote]
here the pic

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is very simple to get a high three-wheel like the one shown in Lowrider Magazine. I wouldn't get anything larger than a 16 inch cyclinder in the rear because you'll never get 16 the full travel of the cyclinder unless you build longer trailing arms due to the up and down motion of the rear part of the car. You must also have a coil-over setup in the back as opposed to the traditional coil-under setup. Use powerballs instead of hime joints to avoid excessive replacement. Hime joints are known to break often.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Lac_Rollin@Dec 27 2003, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't get anything larger than a 16 inch cyclinder in the rear because you'll never get 16 the full travel of the cyclinder unless you build longer trailing arms due to the up and down motion of the rear part of the car.
i run 20"s strokes in the back of my 64 with stock lenght trailingarms, fully extended with 3.1/2 wraps of coil (coilover)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts