LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Originally posted by M-827@Dec 3 2003, 09:35 PM
I propose a 'dual pump conflict system', where one pump tries to empty the tank and the other tries to fill it in a raging battle to the death. The winning pump gets chrome plated and new oil, and the losing pump gets its belt removed and sawdust put down its holes.

Just an idea :cheesy: .
you may be crazier than me :0

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If not as a lowrider project, you must admit that it would make a great movie!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
are the electric ones listed on on bpard airs website as fast as the belt driven york. it has a 5hp motor on it

"THE HP1000 uses a 4.5”, 5 hp motor. Tests at 12v have show outputs from 14 CFM @ 0 psi to 8 CFM at 100 psi, with a maximum pressure of 175 psi. At 24v DC performance dramatically increases up to 16 CFM @100 psi with a maximum pressure of 175 psi. The HP1000TM employs a unique high-output design that operates on standard vehicle electrical systems yet consumes no more power than other compressors for the same task.

its 725 dollars but if its fast to fill a 9 gal tank up i would buy it

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That sounds good. Could you post a link to the information please?

:)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Originally posted by usamotorsports350z@Dec 3 2003, 10:31 PM
are the electric ones listed on on bpard airs website as fast as the belt driven york. it has a 5hp motor on it

"THE HP1000 uses a 4.5”, 5 hp motor. Tests at 12v have show outputs from 14 CFM @ 0 psi to 8 CFM at 100 psi, with a maximum pressure of 175 psi. At 24v DC performance dramatically increases up to 16 CFM @100 psi with a maximum pressure of 175 psi. The HP1000TM employs a unique high-output design that operates on standard vehicle electrical systems yet consumes no more power than other compressors for the same task.

its 725 dollars but if its fast to fill a 9 gal tank up i would buy it
you'll also need to purchase a mobile electric powerhouse to run that thing.
A 5HP motor, operating at 12VDC, good lord.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have compressors and valves under the car and a chrome tank in the inside of the car the front valves are mounted in the engine bay as close to possible of the cylinders in the front. the back has bags. i will snap some shots tonight and post them

·
Registered
72 Posts
Q: How much current does it draw?
A: For the HP1000, 150 A average and 200 peak. The XD2000 motor is more efficient, 130 A average and 180 peak.

Comment: It draws too much current.

Response: No question it draws a lot. But keep in mind that although it draws 5 times what a Thomas 1/3 HP draws, it is also 5 times faster so you only use it for a fraction of the time. The overall power consumed is about the same, and this is true for all dc compressors, even for single compressor systems vs. multiple compressor systems.

Q: Do I need a high output alternator or dual battery setup?
A: Not necessarily. Your system needs to be in top shape, and certainly more power means more capability. We definitely recommend deep cycle/starting construction batteries such as Odyssey (www.odysseybatteries.com) or Optima’s yellow top.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by usamotorsports350z@Dec 5 2003, 12:47 AM
No question it draws a lot. But keep in mind that although it draws 5 times what a Thomas 1/3 HP draws, it is also 5 times faster so you only use it for a fraction of the time. The overall power consumed is about the same, and this is true for all dc compressors, even for single compressor systems vs. multiple compressor systems.

The Viair 450 draws about 19 amp maximum, so I presume that I would need something a bit more substantial in the wiring department if replacing it with the new compressor.

Also, just a small point to make: It may well be five times faster, but users won't want to stop at the point where their old compressor would have filled their tanks, they are going to be playing with their suspension and the compressor is still going to be running alot of the time - it is going to allow more playing rather than short fill times.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts