LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Garbageman
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some brand new 13s, rims and tires already mounted from the shop. was mockin them up on the car and noticed there wasn't any weights. the guy at the shop, i would say he's a pretty respectable and knowledgeable guy in the scene, said that reversed 13s and 14s don't need any weights when they are brand new. he said that he would do it if i wasn't happy but i'm just curious if anybody has ever heard something like this before.

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
If the wheels and tires were balanced then they should have weights. All tires have a heavy spot where the belts overlap each other. I could be be wrong, I'm no expert just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
One wheel not needing weights? Maybe. All four I would question.

·
The Garbageman
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
preciate that homie. I'm gonna ride them and see. was just a little nervous

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@May 27 2011, 09:14 PM~20644404
got some brand new 13s, rims and tires already mounted from the shop. was mockin them up on the car and noticed there wasn't any weights. the guy at the shop, i would say he's a pretty respectable and knowledgeable guy in the scene, said that reversed 13s and 14s don't need any weights when they are brand new.  he said that he would do it if i wasn't happy but i'm just curious if anybody has ever heard something like this before.

Thanks
They need to be balanced :yes:

·
18,723 Posts
chinas are HORRIBLY balanced, they will need balanced. Make sure they are up with times and use stick on weights on the back of the rim. I always said fuck it Ill just drive too but if you do any highway driving youll want them balanced cuz the vibration gets annoying.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@May 28 2011, 01:09 AM~20645061
preciate that homie. I'm gonna ride them and see. was just a little nervous
Vibration when you drive is probably all that will happen.

·
Mr. Paid
5,602 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@May 27 2011, 10:14 PM~20644404
got some brand new 13s, rims and tires already mounted from the shop. was mockin them up on the car and noticed there wasn't any weights. the guy at the shop, i would say he's a pretty respectable and knowledgeable guy in the scene, said that reversed 13s and 14s don't need any weights when they are brand new. he said that he would do it if i wasn't happy but i'm just curious if anybody has ever heard something like this before.

Thanks
That kind of info gives chinas a bad rep. I've had people tell me that chinas can't ride smooth so they don't get them balanced and just live with the vibration.

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@May 27 2011, 10:14 PM~20644404
got some brand new 13s, rims and tires already mounted from the shop. was mockin them up on the car and noticed there wasn't any weights. the guy at the shop, i would say he's a pretty respectable and knowledgeable guy in the scene, said that reversed 13s and 14s don't need any weights when they are brand new.  he said that he would do it if i wasn't happy but i'm just curious if anybody has ever heard something like this before.

Thanks
DOESN`T MAKE ANY SENSE,,,,,,HE`LL PUT WEIGHTS IF YOUR "UNHAPPY?"
IF THE RIMS ARE NOT BALANCED THEY NEED TO BE, SHOULDN`T MATTER IF YOUR HAPPY OR NOT.
YOU CAN`T ROLL A SMALL RIM AND TIRE UNBALANCED, THE SMALLER WHEEL SPINS FASTER THAT THE OLD BIG STOCK RIM.
THEY NEED TO BE BALANCED! IT WILL SHAKE THE SIT OUT OF YOUR CAR,RIMS, AND SHAKE ALL THE CHANGE OUT OF YOUR POCKETS TOO :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts