LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am happy to report that I finally got the rear bags installed. It moves very quickly. At 250, it chips the tires off the ground about 2 or 2 1/2 inches. Pretty fun! :cool:

Still have to weld the brackets in place. I don't like the way they slap in place when you lock it up. The bags appear to sit on the rear axel when I lay the car. Other than that, no clearance issues.

·
Registered
265 Posts
congrats,
just a little tip with bags use a rule of thumb "try to keep a thumbs worth of clearance between the bag and everything else"
halla,
Jason

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will post some pice in a few days. I don't want to hit it too hard until I get those brackets welded in. Not trying to break it before I get to enjoy it. Although, I am happy to report that I scared the shit out of an old lady at a stop light. She about shit herself.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, I just want to thanks everyone who has helped me out with the project so far ...

Special Thanks To:

Mark
JoeBomber
216Rider
Skandalouz
ImpalaCracker

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by skandalouz@Sep 19 2005, 10:08 PM~3846801
My rear brackets top and bottom are held to the frame and trailing arms with 1/2" threaded rod.
I suppose that would work too. I just figured that a couple of tacks would be stronger, quicker, and easier. Should be a big deal to remove as long as I am smart about where I put the welds.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Sep 19 2005, 11:06 PM~3846783
By the way, I just want to thanks everyone who has helped me out with the project so far ...

Special Thanks To:

Mark
JoeBomber
216Rider
Skandalouz
ImpalaCracker

damn, it's like a dan sandwich right there

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Sep 19 2005, 10:19 PM~3846888
I figured that you would appreciate it ... you fucking ****!
haaahahaha i swear, sometimes you fuckers are to damn funny! :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by yodawagon@Sep 20 2005, 12:16 AM~3847862
nice to hear the rear is done. is the front done also?
Nope. I ran out of funds and winter is soon approaching. I am gonna get the front done this winter. I am going to have Dan extend my a-arms and I am gonna rebuild the front-end and run Slam ES-62's, so it is gonna cost me somewhere near $500 to get it done right.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Sep 20 2005, 06:44 PM~3852485
Nope. I ran out of funds and winter is soon approaching. I am gonna get the front done this winter. I am going to have Dan extend my a-arms and I am gonna rebuild the front-end and run Slam ES-62's, so it is gonna cost me somewhere near $500 to get it done right.
im gonna use 17 layers of tin foil to make them super strong

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 20 2005, 07:33 PM~3853117
im gonna use 17 layers of tin foil to make them super strong
I am copying this post, so that it can be entered into evidence at my motor vehicle homicide case, caused by the front of my car falling apart.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by purpl7duece@Sep 20 2005, 08:41 PM~3853176
Make sure to use wood glue between each layer!
jIFF CHUNKY PEANNUT BUTTER.

SEE, THIS IS WHY i'M DOING THE ARMS AND NOT YOU.

ANY FABRICATOR KNOWS THAT WOOD GLUE DOESNT ADHERE PROPERLY TO THE TIN FOIL DUE TO THE MOLECULAR INCONTINENCE OF THE SUBSTRATED SUBSTRATES, ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPARED TO THE MODULUS READING OF THE GALACTOMETER AND APPLIED USING THE BASIS SET FORTH IN COFTERSATERDS THEROM :uh:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 20 2005, 09:38 PM~3854392
jIFF CHUNKY PEANNUT BUTTER.

SEE, THIS IS WHY i'M DOING THE ARMS AND NOT YOU.

ANY FABRICATOR KNOWS THAT WOOD GLUE DOESNT ADHERE PROPERLY TO THE TIN FOIL  DUE TO THE MOLECULAR INCONTINENCE OF THE SUBSTRATED SUBSTRATES, ESPECIALLY WHEN COMPARED TO THE MODULUS READING OF THE GALACTOMETER AND APPLIED USING THE BASIS SET FORTH IN COFTERSATERDS THEROM :uh:
your caps on there perfeser von dumrss

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Sep 20 2005, 04:44 PM~3852485
2500 bags are poop

1 - 20 of 25 Posts