LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS UP L.I.L. I GOT MY CAR BUFFED YESTERDAY, FOR FREE! :biggrin: AND WHEN HE SAT THE BUFFER ON THE GROUND THE AIR HOSE POPPED OFF AND CHIPPED A PIECE OF PAINT OFF MY PASS. SIDE QUARTER ABOUT THE SIZE OF A SILVER DOLLAR!!!
I WAS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M STILL MAD!!
SO DO I HAVE TO RE-PAINT THE WHOLE QUARTER OR CAN I JUST TOUCH IT UP??

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Dec 3 2003, 08:15 AM
WHATS UP L.I.L. I GOT MY CAR BUFFED YESTERDAY, FOR FREE! :biggrin: AND WHEN HE SAT THE BUFFER ON THE GROUND THE AIR HOSE POPPED OFF AND CHIPPED A PIECE OF PAINT OFF MY PASS. SIDE QUARTER ABOUT THE SIZE OF A SILVER DOLLAR!!!
is there a ding?...it can be done....by a pro!...the do it yourself kit sucks...

it a long process if you want to do it yourself...but I would send it to a painter and send the bill to your buffer friend :cool:

Last edited by dabomb at Dec 3 2003, 08:29 AM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Dec 3 2003, 07:15 AM
** You might think im bull shittin you but , You can take that paint chip & actually superglue it back on , wetsand it & shoot another coat of clear.... I have done it & i know for a fact that a major autobody place in town here has done it too--- thats where i got the idea from.......

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ+Dec 3 2003, 06:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (STREET SWEEPAZ @ Dec 3 2003, 06:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stankin85@Dec 3 2003, 07:15 AM
** You might think im bull shittin you but , You can take that paint chip & actually superglue it back on , wetsand it & shoot another coat of clear.... I have done it & i know for a fact that a major autobody place in town here has done it too--- thats where i got the idea from.......[/b][/quote]
street sweepaz is right this can be done-----but it will depend on the type of paint that we are talking about------if it is stock (solid color) this will work fine actually if it is stock you can touch it up and blend it in pretty good-----as far as if it has a dent etc---it should not be that big of a dent if it has one---but that can be easliy be fixed w/ a two part spot putty like evercoat just using a light "skim coat" now if your paint job is a "candy"===========hummm....good luck bro-----maybe shoot some patterns now...... :biggrin:

Last edited by lowriderlife at Dec 3 2003, 08:16 AM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NAW, IT DIDN'T DENT IT, JUST CHIPED THE SHIT OUT OF THE PAINT!
HERE IS A PIC OF THE PAINT.

IT'S JUST WHITE, BUT THE CLEAR COAT TURNED IT A LITTLE. SO IT'S HARD TO MATCH

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Dec 3 2003, 08:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Dec 3 2003, 08:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -STREET [email protected] 3 2003, 06:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--stankin85
@Dec 3 2003, 07:15 AM

** You might think im bull shittin you but , You can take that paint chip & actually superglue it back on , wetsand it & shoot another coat of clear.... I have done it & i know for a fact that a major autobody place in town here has done it too--- thats where i got the idea from.......
street sweepaz is right this can be done-----but it will depend on the type of paint that we are talking about------if it is stock (solid color) this will work fine actually if it is stock you can touch it up and blend it in pretty good-----as far as if it has a dent etc---it should not be that big of a dent if it has one---but that can be easliy be fixed w/ a two part spot putty like evercoat just using a light "skim coat" now if your paint job is a "candy"===========hummm....good luck bro-----maybe shoot some patterns now...... :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
what those 3 guys have said, ive done it to my car, it works :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Dec 3 2003, 11:14 AM

here is what you do-----if you want to match it---use the same white/ and the same clear to the area---you still might have to apply just a little bit of spot putty to build up the area of the chip and be able to feather it out----now hopefully it will turn the same color w/ the clear--it has like a eggshell color right---that is the yellowing out of the clear---then you might have to run a pinstripe through the area to take your eye away from there--------just a suggestion-----how old is the paint?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
That sucks homie.....................I got pissed about month ago & threw a screw driver in my garage at the garage door & it bounced off & chiped the hood my 66 then bounced off that & put ding right on the body line of my town car. :angry:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by lowriderlife+Dec 3 2003, 02:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowriderlife @ Dec 3 2003, 02:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stankin85@Dec 3 2003, 11:14 AM

here is what you do-----if you want to match it---use the same white/ and the same clear to the area---you still might have to apply just a little bit of spot putty to build up the area of the chip and be able to feather it out----now hopefully it will turn the same color w/ the clear--it has like a eggshell color right---that is the yellowing out of the clear---then you might have to run a pinstripe through the area to take your eye away from there--------just a suggestion-----how old is the paint?[/b][/quote]
THE PAINT IS ABOUT 8-9 MONTHS OLD, AND I JUST RE-CLEARED ABOUT A MONTH AGO!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WELL LET ME REPHRASE THAT, I GOT IT PAINTED, DIDN'T LIKE IT, RE-PAINTED IT, THEN CLEARED IT, THEN ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO I CLEARED IT AGAIN. THEN I GOT IT AIRBRUSHED AND CLEARED IT AGAIN. THATS WHY I WANTED IT BUFFED. AND AFTER ALL THAT MONEY AND WORK THE GUY CHIPS THE DAMN PAINT!!!

DAN IT MAKES ME MAD JUST TO THINK ABOUT IT, BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO IT WAS A SIMPLE ACCIDENT.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
repaint the whole car and get some knock off's. :biggrin: :biggrin:

just kidding.

my car got keyed years ago, so my painter sanded the area down, and used a fine brush to blend in the scracthed surface with the paint and cleared that section of the car. IT COME OUT PERFECT....... :biggrin:
anybody try that before???

Last edited by Crazy Cutty at Dec 5 2003, 12:23 AM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by MyFamiliaCC@Dec 5 2003, 02:11 AM
Man that sucks, but you can't blame the buffer guy. Afterall he did do it for free.
yea, i know. thats why i didn't kick his ass!! :angry:
it's veto213's uncle. the guy i sold my 64 impala 2 door to. I wanted to kick his ass so bad, or just break something, then i realized it was just a honest accident. no harm done, i can re-paint it for like 200.00 so it's not a total loss. but if he would have hit the trunk or the hood where i just had it air brushed i would have kicked his ass!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

buy the way these were took before i got it buffed. i'm gonna take some pics in the morning of the spot, that is if it doesn't snow!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Dec 5 2003, 02:22 AM
repaint the whole car and get some knock off's. :biggrin: :biggrin:

just kidding.

my car got keyed years ago, so my painter sanded the area down, and used a fine brush to blend in the scracthed surface with the paint and cleared that section of the car. IT COME OUT PERFECT....... :biggrin:
anybody try that before???
don't hate on the pots and pans, you know deep down you want a set!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

PRIMER WITH A SMALL FLUID LEAK LAST YEAR!! damn i love juice! :biggrin:

all the 3 wheeling and my wheels still didn't fall off!
j/k i'm getting a set for shows ;) ;) ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts