LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my streetcharger all mounted and looking slick.....all wires are ran except for the trigger wire..............where would be a good place to mount this???? It needs to provide the street charger with a signal to tell it to turn on.........I was given the suggestion of using the alternator (thanks ForPlay)....seeing is that it only gives off power when the car is running.......................

Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
13 Posts
hooked mine up to the amplifier turn on wire for my amps .my radio is on all the time the car is, and the wire was close plus i did not want to get into trying to find a wire under the dash. but if you do not have a wire to turn on the amplifier this wont help. aslo don't do what i did on drop this wire on to your 60 v battery terminal for you pumps lots of sparks1!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if you just have the key back listening to music....then you are screwed......the remote wire is one of the first things I thought of....but I listen to my music alot with the car off and my starting battery would die too quickly..............

·
Registered
13 Posts
yea i guess you right my van has three extra deep cycles batteries hooked up to the battery under the hood so i can leave it on without killing the batts. your just going to have to find something under the dash or somewere that comes on only when its runnig.
there sould be a wire like this going to the radio

·
Registered
419 Posts
Originally posted by smokevan@Jan 16 2004, 01:28 PM
well here they are any way

still some more work to be done too cold its -4 today outside
its a ford..but ill tell you what when i see something diffrent i love it much props and is stands three..that made my weekend i lik it....good job..

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by bumpn_gt@Jan 16 2004, 10:54 AM
But if you just have the key back listening to music....then you are screwed......the remote wire is one of the first things I thought of....but I listen to my music alot with the car off and my starting battery would die too quickly..............
the alt is the only thing that will only be on with the engine running. i was thinking you heater wire would be good. it would not come on with the key turned to "acc" but would turn on with the car running.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
run it to the ignition wire in the ignition barrel or follow the wire loom out to the engine bay and tap it in there, then its only on when the key is in the 'on' position and not the accessory position.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Jan 20 2004, 04:59 AM
run it to the ignition wire in the ignition barrel or follow the wire loom out to the engine bay and tap it in there, then its only on when the key is in the 'on' position and not the accessory position.
I need it when the car is running....not just when it is in the "on" position

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Ran mine of the fuse box for the windshield wipers....

·
Registered
14,730 Posts

If u r the same guy then u Know Rich Borelli...we met at that show. i recognize the fuzz for the interior ;)

Last edited by djtwigsta at Jan 20 2004, 01:03 PM

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you can still use your wipers without the car running.........any other ideas?

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Originally posted by bumpn_gt@Jan 20 2004, 03:15 PM
you can still use your wipers without the car running.........any other ideas?
Dont know about your car but u sure cant on any I have ever owned....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Get a test light , go to the fuse block find one of the extra holes that turns on only when the car is on, get a spade terminal put it on the end of the wire plug it in. That should work. leave the stereo shit by itself

1 - 20 of 23 Posts