LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, i have to say that im very happy about finally getting the sub, but the packaging was rediculous. . . .

This is how i received the box. . .

The large gash in the side of the box actually had the magnat peircing through it

This is what i saw when i opened the box. . .

Granted, it looks like it was roughed up a little in delivery, there is still nothing inside the box to keep the sub from shifting around. Just a box and 4 peices of stryophome. Horrible packaging. . .

Fortunately, I dont see any real signs of damage to the sub. There is a small scratch on the chrome, but other then, everything else seems o.k.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Sad packaging, and everyone is raving RE? If I had payed 320 DIRECT from a manufacturer, and it showed up like that, it would be send back in a hot second, and I would be complaining.

I HAVE RECIEVED EBAY STEREO EQUIPMENT PACKAGED BETTER THAN THAT LOL!

Lucky I aint you, RE would have a word from me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 14 2005, 12:33 PM~3812724
Sad packaging, and everyone is raving RE? If I had payed 320 DIRECT from a manufacturer, and it showed up like that, it would be send back in a hot second, and I would be complaining.

I can tell you right now that RE did not package the sub like that, it was definately opened by the carrier to check its contents. So if you plan on complaining to anyone, call the post office, RE is not to blame. ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice try to make RE look bad, but its not gonna happen. Ive recieved 2 packages from RE, and they have both be packaged great with multiple layers of padding and foam to keep it sturdy.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 14 2005, 09:33 AM~3812724

I MUST REMIND THE READERS. . .that this is coming from someone that tried to argue that Audiobahn subs are good :roflmao:

Im not going to shoot the gun yet. . . I emailed the pics of the packaging to RE and asked them if it was packed that way. . . but my suspitions are that it was handled poorly by fed-ex. RE cant control what happens to the sub after it leaves the bay. the sub sat in shipping for 13 days from RE to Arizona, to New Jersey, To Rockledge, Then to my door. . . Ill get down to the bottom of the packaging slip up. . .

The amp i got (RE 12.1) was packed very well, in fact, i thought it was a little overkill on the packaging. . .

Theres nothing wrong with the sub, so in all, it dont really matter regardless. Ill put my system up against anyone running a single sub setup on here that doubts RE. Hell, ill put this system up against MOST people running multiple subs here. .

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by awash242@Sep 14 2005, 09:54 AM~3812850
Nice try to make RE look bad, but its not gonna happen. Ive recieved 2 packages from RE, and they have both be packaged great with multiple layers of padding and foam to keep it sturdy.

I am not trying to make anyone look bad, I ship daily and know that my packages INCLUDING subwoofers arrive exactly as I packaged them, so dont get it twisted.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You better throw that thing on a ohm meter and measure those coils! I had UPS trash a couple of brand new L7's for me, that they looked ok on the outside, but the internal resistance had changed because of coil damage. Id also be worried about that magnet being mis-aligned...all it takes is a good smack in just the right place to get the assembly off center.

I dont know if you're local, but i'd put my sub up against yours ;)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 14 2005, 10:53 AM~3813297
You better throw that thing on a ohm meter and measure those coils!  I had UPS trash a couple of brand new L7's for me, that they looked ok on the outside, but the internal resistance had changed because of coil damage.  Id also be worried about that magnet being mis-aligned...all it takes is a good smack in just the right place to get the assembly off center. 

your massive? Id glady take you up on that offer. . . im a long ways away from Louiville though

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM~3813272
I am not trying to make anyone look bad, I ship daily and know that my packages INCLUDING subwoofers arrive exactly as I packaged them, so dont get it twisted.
but then again, you cant guarentee that Fed Ex isnt going to drop the subs from 18 feet up in the air off of a fork lift lmao. . . I dont think any packaging can hold up 100% to idiots just blatantly mis-handling the shit. .

Ill wait for RE's reply, after i talk to them, ill have a pretty damn good idea of who i should point the finger at

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by DeAdPhLow@Sep 14 2005, 10:38 AM~3813194
I MUST REMIND THE READERS. . .that this is coming from someone that tried to argue that Audiobahn subs are good  :roflmao:

Im not going to shoot the gun yet. . .  I emailed the pics of the packaging to RE and asked them if it was packed that way. .  . but my suspitions are that it was handled poorly by fed-ex. RE cant control what happens to the sub after it leaves the bay. the sub sat in shipping for 13 days from RE to Arizona, to New Jersey, To Rockledge, Then to my door. . . Ill get down to the bottom of the packaging slip up. . .

The amp i got (RE 12.1) was packed very well, in fact, i thought it was a little overkill on the packaging. . .

Theres nothing wrong with the sub, so in all, it dont really matter regardless. Ill put my system up against anyone running a single sub setup on here that doubts RE. Hell, ill put this system up against MOST people running multiple subs here. .

At one point in time I may have argued that, and I am not debating RE, I am simply saying that packaging looks like shit,

They may as well have shipped you the sub in a plastic bag with a shipping lable, what would be the difference?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
And I guess I might also add, if you are pleased with that packaging and performance, then good for you. MY opinion is if something arrived that like to my door, especially directly from a manufacturer, they could fuck themselves. ;)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 14 2005, 11:02 AM~3813385
And I guess I might also add, if you are pleased with that packaging and performance, then good for you. MY opinion is if something arrived that like to my door, especially directly from a manufacturer, they could fuck themselves. ;)
not pleased with the packaging, but im sure i wont be dissapointed with the performance

·
Registered
82 Posts
if i werer closer to u i would put my single sub set up agains urs
treo ssi 18.44 4.35 cubes ported daily
or straight spl, treo csx 15 8 cubes ported with a pair of opti's strapped

also dropping subs changes the way the magnet works on the sub, makes them not as strong as wut they would be

also Audiobahn does make good subs, its just that most of wut they make isn't tho, but the good ones, word on them is that dd makes the sub for Audiobahn
but i don't know if thats true of not
but if it is, well dd audio makes some of the best subs on the market

im not a fan of re, i got 4 re8's brand new from them last year and all 4 of them had bent frames, i got my $$ back
i was looking into the sx and xxx 18 from re for my daily for a single sub set up
i wanted tho 4 8's for my wifes car but after getting them with bent frames i said no thanks to re
and then i came across the treo ssi 18 for a super sweet deal that i couldn't pass up

laters

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 14 2005, 12:53 PM~3813297
You better throw that thing on a ohm meter and measure those coils!  I had UPS trash a couple of brand new L7's for me, that they looked ok on the outside, but the internal resistance had changed because of coil damage.  Id also be worried about that magnet being mis-aligned...all it takes is a good smack in just the right place to get the assembly off center. 

if you ever make it to any shows in central tx Ill put my ssx, sx, 9515, or 9917s against your dmx ;)

back to topic the only RE subs that are shipped in crates are the xxx and the mt's.... the other subs are shipped in a box with some square 1/2" foam under the basket and some "L" shaped fome on 4 sides of the sub. Im not a fan of the packaging but my subs got here in 1 piece and worked flawless w/o any visable damage to the subs or packaging. Throw a dmm on the coils and if everything checks out I say go for it. Like its been said already once it leaves RE theres no telling how many clowns raped your sub before it got to you :(

DHL > fedex,ups,usps

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 14 2005, 05:04 PM~3815658
if you ever make it to any shows in central tx Ill put my ssx, sx, 9515, or 9917s against your dmx  ;)

all four? Wow, you really must not be secure with your purchase.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts