LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank kevin at AAC for the 380c i got today, next day shipping is the best! Awsome guys to do business with will be doing more for sure!

So on that note i got my 380c hooked up tonight and an running with a 165-200 pressure switch.Now the car gets up quicker than it ever has now but i only get like two hits of the switch before it slows right down.Right now as i stated in another thread i only have the front installed so i have the two bags tee'd off at the rear. could this be why it isnt blazing fast? and why i only get a couple hits before empty? i know the car is heavy but really there must be something else going on here.oh ya almost forgot i have 1 5 gallon tank right now but will have two really soon. How long can you guys play? Is 200 psi make yours really fast?

Also before i got my 380c i was filling up my tank with my shop compressor i was able to get it to about 170psi this way and i noticed after driving for a coule minutes it would sink down a bit the air would acually go back into the tank. Was and is this normal? have i got something out of wack? Please throw me some wisdom!

·
Registered
139 Posts
you need another tank to get some playtime, with my 2 5 gallon tanks i get a good amount of playtime but I'm always running my 2 viair 400 compressors so i never run out :biggrin:
the air would actually go back into what tank? your 5 gallon tank? :uh:
what size valves do you have?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thats what i thought was happeining because now that i have my compressor i dont think it's runnig back into the tank,prolly cause it sits at 200psi now.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Dem 380s are some good compressors .

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Originally posted by 1usamotorsports.com@Sep 19 2007, 04:58 PM~8827148
Dem 380s are some good compressors .

COULD YOU GIVE US SOME FEEDBACK ON 380S VS 480S VS 450S I HAVE ALWAYS RAN 450S BUT IM BUILDING MY MINI WITH SLAMS AND WANT TO RUN 200 PSI I WAS CONSIDERING A ZENITH BUT MAY GO WITH VIAR SINCE THEY ARE RELIABLE

·
Registered
228 Posts
480s are faster and work good but dont last long.on my 480 i have replaced the piston ,head and leader hose in a year while the 380 is 2 years old and works damn good.380s are just more reliable.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by 2crunk@Sep 20 2007, 12:41 AM~8830091
480s are faster and work good but dont last long.on my 480 i have replaced the piston ,head and leader hose in a year while the 380 is 2 years old and works damn good.380s are just more reliable.

You hit the bullseye . :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 other thing with my compressor ,this thing is crazy loud! I tried mounting it on a peice of MDF (3\4) but it still humms really loud rubber feet and all. My buddy has two of these and it doesnt humm as loud as my 1. What have you guys done to quiet these things?

·
Registered
480 Posts
just run a check valve before the valve into the tank and that should help, cuz your not going to have 200 psi after hitting the switches.

i got a 450 and i rebuilt it like 5 times now also ordered kit from aac. they got crazy service as u found out.

as for slow back yes you only got one line running once u get a line for each bag ill be faster.and also it wont tilt when you turn fast.

u definatly need a bigger tank call aac again and let them know what they recoment for the space u have

1 - 17 of 17 Posts