LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to put hydros on my 1999 olds alero, and have some questions.

1. would this be a good deal? its a 2 pump setup, so it has everything except a switchbox, accums and batteries. http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=307
$940 shipped for:
2 Pump Street Edition Kit
2-Street chrome Pumps
4-8" Cylinders
4-High Flow Delta Dumps
4-3/8" Check Valves
2-1/4" Slow Down Valves
4-1' #6 Parker Return Hoses
4-Regular Cups
4-Donuts
6-Solenoids
2-15' #6 Parker Hoses
2-4' #6 Parker Hoses
1-13' Switch Cord
8-Switchs
All Fittings Included

2. is CCE any good, or should i be looking for a different brand to begin with?

3. would i need standard cups or reverse cups?

4. is it really everything i need except batts, accums and a switch box?

also, my car currently has air cylinders, so my stock struts have been cut apart and thrown away. my question is, would the stock struts be needed at all for the install of the hydros on my car?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
1.Honestly, you can get a comp. kit for that price. Most people don't like CCE but, I have never had a problem with them. Hit up Fernando at Second2None. He can hook you up. Or you can alway hit up Prohopper. Thjey have a good deal going on right now I think. Plus, the Prohopper kit comes with Italian dumps which is a big plus.
You don't have to run accums. but, they make the ride a lot better. I'll let someone else who has more experience doing an install on a front wheel drive answer the rest of your questions. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not really sure what the difference is between a street kit and a comp kit is, but all i need it for is to lay my car out, then take it off the ground so i can drive it. i will not be doing any hopping or anything like that. also, i will definitely be running accums, as i've ridden in a couple juiced vehicles without them, and it was horrible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts