LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to this local battery shop and was gunna get some brand new group 31s. But he pointed these out to me. Refurbished Exide 31's, put a tester on them and the lowest one was like 975. Got four of them for $22 each! Anyone else using these batteries?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by ExplicitDesignz@Aug 15 2005, 01:13 PM~3627416
I went to this local battery shop and was gunna get some brand new group 31s. But he pointed these out to me. Refurbished Exide 31's, put a tester on them and the lowest one was like 975.  Got four of them for $22 each!  Anyone else using these batteries?
Down here Interstate carries some refurbs for $25. I've used them in the past and they can last if I don't hop the car. Once I start using them for hopping I'll end up replacing one every couple weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
I HAD THOSE BATTERIES IN A CUTTLASS AND THEY LASTED FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS.THEY WERE REFURBISHED ALSO. THEY DID HOLD A BAD ASS CHARGE THAT LASTED 4 ABOUT A WEEK. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,533 Posts
yea blems are a good deal too..we have a store here that sells interstate blems for 38 each
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Refurbished or blems suck ass compared to new batteries. Thats just the way it is. Power is the key....and they don't hold the power like you need them to for good performance.
 

·
Super Smasher
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Aug 23 2005, 08:52 AM~3675434
Refurbished or blems suck ass compared to new batteries.  Thats just the way it is.  Power is the key....and they don't hold the power like you need them to for good performance.
yuuup my first set of batteries were refurbs.. they all read over 1000cca but the were garbage, never agian :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
:cool:
Originally posted by big pimpin@Aug 23 2005, 09:52 AM~3675434
Refurbished or blems suck ass compared to new batteries.  Thats just the way it is.  Power is the key....and they don't hold the power like you need them to for good performance.
well i had never had a problem with them alot of people are runnin them...so maybe you got a bad bunch.. :cool:
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Aug 23 2005, 09:40 PM~3679258
:cool:
well i had never had a problem with them alot of people are runnin them...so maybe you got a bad bunch.. :cool:
Maybe they just did crap refurbs in K.C. :angry: Cuz they all sucked for trying to hop. :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
they are ok for something cheap and they aint all beat up looking and i load test them. i would rather have new tho but in some cases #15 is better than spending $65 for new ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
deka 31's r the best
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top