LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aiight I'm trying to get these engery suspension bushings in these Chrome lower control arms. One went in fine, but other is bending all up. I even tried to stick a piece of wood in between, but the metal is still bending. WTF :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Oct 10 2003, 04:28 PM
aiight I'm trying to get these engery suspension bushings in these Chrome lower control arms. One went in fine, but other is bending all up. I even tried to stick a piece of wood in between, but the metal is still bending. WTF :mad: :mad: :mad:
were they plated with the bushings out??? if so, the chrome may be hindering the reinstallation of the bushings. It makes the hole too small, even if it's only a little. You may have to lightly remove the chrome from the inside of the holes if it's in there...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
just grease them up and they should slide in if they dont and if you can not tap them in with a rubber hammer something is wrong i chromed mine with out the bushings in them and mine went in just fine :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Oct 10 2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah, the stock ones are pretty crappy. For the wifes cutty I am putting in a set of Metco upper and lowers. They are pricey at like $250 for each set, but they look great and are mad tough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts