LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup all.. I wanted to know if it is possible to convert a normal regal v6 engine into that turbo grand national shit? Im gonna be putting together an 82 regal soon.. and.. I want some engine in my shit.. I mean if i slap an 8 in it that would be cool also i want it to sound beefy you know and i want that shit to move.. Let me know

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
well shit thats simple, a GN motor all turbocharged fuel injected and has electronic igniton thats the only diff. wit the motor go 2 da boneyard find a GN wit all the parts n it rip out the ecm dash turbo intercooler and other turbo parts the distributor injectors fuel rail ...pretty much your takin off every thing on top of the intake and take the exhaust headers off to, actually really if you jus want power outta that 3.8 jus order up a supercharger n a edelbrook carb wit a polished intake

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Oh yeah, hes just gunna go to a junkyard and "find" a grand national, cause those things are a dyme a dozen. ALSO more thne likely there are some internal differences as Supercharged and turbocharged engines need to be stronger because of the forced induction (the way the Super/turbo rams the mixture in)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
a guy up the road from me put a gmc cyclone engine in his regal,its quick..i was you put a 350 in it,and make the outside look like a gn,and by the way its gonna be hard to find a gn at a junkyard,you cant just go down there and see a gn there..cause more then likely its gonna be gone,or someone got word on it and got it..but anways they had a deal in the tradingpost here a guy had a wrecked gn,and a donor t-top regal for only 1400

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by fuwad85@Oct 11 2003, 04:27 AM
well shit thats simple, a GN motor all turbocharged fuel injected and has electronic igniton thats the only diff. wit the motor go 2 da boneyard find a GN wit all the parts n it rip out the ecm dash turbo intercooler and other turbo parts the distributor injectors fuel rail ...pretty much your takin off every thing on top of the intake and take the exhaust headers off to, actually really if you jus want power outta that 3.8 jus order up a supercharger n a edelbrook carb wit a polished intake
ya, the compression ratios are different..

I learned that on a Daytona Turbo Z..

blew the motor in 3 days...

if you're gonna do it, swap out the whole engine..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehehe thanks for the post..

I might see whats up with slappin a 350 in it..

ok let me add this into the mix..
You know how some regals have that digital dash?
how hard would that be to convert my old dash to?
Is it just a matter of getting a brain for the dash and connecting the existing wires on my temp sensors and in my gas tank / speedometer etc the issue? or are all those parts in the regals with the digital dash different?

Last edited by lokito at Oct 15 2003, 11:33 AM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts