LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place for the ground is side of the car because i have mine grounded to the floor of my car and it seems like a week ground for the switches and i was wondering if it would be better if i cut a small hole in the floor and grounded it to the frame thanks sorry for the new be post but this is my frist car with switches in over 6 years so i dont remember were to ground :cool: thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i forgot to say it,s ran under the driver seat

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that. s also where my disconect is under the driver seat grounded to the flor board i dont think it,s right

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
put a 3/8 bolt through your floor under the seat
put a 1 foot cable under the car ,from the bolt to your frame
then bolt the quick disconnect cable on top under your seat
make sure you grind the top and bottom of your floor board where you drill so you can have a better connection

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bro that,s what i was thanking about but i wanted to hear it from some body else before i did it thanks again :cool:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Originally posted by Hoss805@Sep 25 2006, 10:48 PM~6244296
put a 3/8 bolt through your  floor under the seat
put a 1 foot cable under the car ,from the bolt to your frame
then bolt the quick disconnect cable on top under your seat
make sure you grind the top and bottom of your floor board where you drill so you can have a better connection

thats fine if you racks are welded to the frame. better to run a cable from the rack. ;)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
when you've cranked the bolt through the floor tight (with a shake proof washer on it) cover it with silicon or some other sealant to protect the clean metal and prevent water contamination leading to rust and also a bad connection.

·
Registered
145 Posts
:thumbsup:
Good thinkin Unity Jon!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts