LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem with burning out motors in the same pump in the same spot. someone says that the pump may not be grounded. where do they get grounded? yes new guy sorry it is set up all the same as the others I don't have a problem with them. the only thing is that it is in a second bay where the batteries ground comes over from the first bay and sits on the last negative post. I changed out the solenoids too. if any one knows it would help
thanks

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
you get your ground from the pump block bolts. i've seen some peeps run a cable off there rack to up under the bar the pump is bolted to for insurance. be sure its grinded metal under the block, no paint or rust.

******************* and when adding a new motor, you need to break it in ( may be your problem ) start with 12 volts for a few minutes, then to 24, then to 36................... you need to do this!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by lomation@Aug 24 2005, 03:11 PM~3684676
I have been having a problem with burning out motors in the same pump in the same spot. someone says that the pump may not be grounded. where do they get grounded? yes new guy sorry it is set up all the same as the others I don't have a problem with them. the only thing is that it is in a second bay where the batteries ground comes over from the first bay and sits on the last negative post. I changed out the solenoids too. if any one knows it would help
thanks

Is the rack welded or bolted to the frame? Welding it with a nice bead will greatly increase the grounding, as well as grounding the cables seperately on the chassis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts