LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"It is not what you buy, it is what you build" But sometimes you got to save history!!!

I bought it from Patrick over ebay. Shipped it all the way from Reno to germany.
I thought i made a good deal but it came here like crap. All over cracked paint, some real big dents, broken bumper-fillers, broken windshield, cracked gas tank, fucked up juice and so on.... 2 much 2 list.

First i thought, ok fuck that, sell it and forget about it. But nono, i spent nearly all my money on it. So i decided to earn some money again, get those parts shipped and start step by step with a lil rebuild.

Featurde in LRM March 98 - Someone got it 4 sale, hit me up!

Cool Cars Special in the mag i am working for...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I started with building a carport for it:

I spent a lot of time with gettin new parts and still do! I am looking for some new red taillights (only the plastic), anybody knows where to get?

I made a good deal on ebay: Bought me a second Coupe DeVille for 9,99 bucks - yeah right 10 dollars! Here is a pic.

Some pics from a shooting for the mag i am working for...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got to say big thangz to Marco, he helps me alot, because i dont have the time right now...

On the way to my new hall.

Waitin for new o-rings

All new pumps and 8 + 12 cylinders - all comp. Already checked them Pumps and put them together again.

10 x Delphi

I picked up the conti kit, what can i say, it is in good condition, but it does not fitt my bumper - custom again i think, this fucker will defenatly take a lot of time.

I was starting to get the new windshield in, but the frame isnt straight, so custom like everytime - fuck that. Nothing works perfect (ok i am real perfectionist) but things like that make me wanna throw all down...

Marco at work

Clean CCE Powerballs

Unbreakabels

Sanded down and sprayed

Paintet the brake drum

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove 900km for a used old rusty fuel tank, mine was broke.
Sanded it 2 days, primered it, did something against the dents, primered again, got its basecoat on, sprayed them flakes on and 3 times clear over it... now waitin to sand it wet and spray the candy. Only primered on the pic.

Some funny shit:

We sprayed the gas-tank in the same color as the car is and it came out realy nice - 18 times paint.

On the top (the side you dont see) we had two little clear coat leeks. As perfect as i am i sanded them out and the paint came off - fuck, i could start crying in this moment.

Whatever, we resprayed the area and clear coated the whole tank several times again. Perfect, nothing to see in the end. Put the gas-tank into the garage to let the paint harden out.

This time it startet "raining" in the garage (some technical disfunction on the aircooler) all over the fresh painted tank.

Rainefect on the tank - fuck it, this mofo dont want to get ready i think......

The gas-tank is ready, shit this was hard - i dont know how much clear i spent on this.

Welded them a-arm "holders", they came off... + new brakelines to the front and rear. Oh shit this looks crapy in the pic, thats not how it is now.

Sanded down the whole trunk - bare metall

Welded all the holes. No rust at all but the guy who first juiced it was realy crapy with cutting the body and so on... primered it.

Sprayed the trunk Impala style. Already with them fittings in - sorry 4 the dust.

wired up them switches

Sprayed the rack in the same color as the car, just usin lil gold flakes and candy

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
sweet pics......and as a matter of fact..I was flipping through the pages of that issue yesterday

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Toro@Sep 16 2006, 10:02 AM~6185311
sweet pics......and as a matter of fact..I was flipping through the pages of that issue yesterday
your are joking right?

Whatever, i tryed to hit you up sometimes Toro because of your pix - u sell em?
I am looking for 2 of your photos - want to print them on a shirt.... PM me.

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Originally posted by weatmaster@Sep 16 2006, 03:10 AM~6185324
your are joking right?

Whatever, i tryed to hit you up sometimes Toro because of your pix - u sell em?
I am looking for 2 of your photos - want to print them on a shirt.... PM me.
yeah....I can sell em......what pics you talking about????? and yes I do have the mag.....

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Toro@Sep 16 2006, 10:17 AM~6185330
yeah....I can sell em......what pics you talking about????? and yes I do have the mag.....

I realy want this one... do you have a hompage or something where you have all your photos ?

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
Darn good work there, WeatMaster. Never lose faith in what you are building, just takes some time, money and perseverance and the end result will be worth it.
PEACE

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Joost....@Sep 17 2006, 09:47 AM~6189937
i like what youre doing with the setup and all, but that mirror has got to go man  ;)
i know - the billet steering wheel hast to go 2. keepin it og

1 - 20 of 804 Posts