LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I did my windshield on my 64, I bought a special tool, used that and a flathead or 2 and went VERY CAREFULLY. Easy to fuck up, I might have been lucky.

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
its tricky but not hard.

there are some few dozen clips that hold that trim on frum under the rubber gasket need to po it off slowly. use several flat screwdrivers to pop them off evenly on the front get it from one end and work your way across

on the rear wor your way down from the middle.

have patience

·
DAVIDSIMPALAS
3,520 Posts
i use a pick tool and pull the clip toward the window and a flathead screwdriver on the back side , the other moldings on the side have plastic clips from factory they will pop off , the front windshield trim on the a pillars remove the weatherstrip and it has 3 phillips screws for the first piece , and then there is more behind it ,

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
oh yeah, I also had to use a 5/16 gear wrench on the 2 end bolts for the bottom windshield trim, and I think I had to take the cowl off to get at the rest.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
something flat, take your chrome trim off and cut out the rubber seals, then take it out, do what you gotta do and put some new rubber in there and put the aluminum back in

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Oct 12 2007, 11:09 PM~8990434

have patience
x2... i have a great tool it's like a flathead screw driver with a slight angle at the tip. just go slow and you can kinda feel out where the clips are.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Originally posted by sixtyfourchevy@Oct 13 2007, 12:06 AM~8990408
I did my windshield on my 64, I bought a special tool, used that and a flathead or 2 and went  VERY CAREFULLY.   Easy to fuck up, I might have been lucky.
What kind of special tool did you buy and was it for the front windshield? I mean, what's the name of it and who makes it? I'm need to remove my front windshield this week. :uh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts