LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was thinking of taking a mallet to the three that are bent to see if I can get them back/close to roundness....

yes/no?

·
over it
6,640 Posts
That is a pretty major flat spot. I've repaire a few in my day but none that severe. You may be out of luck.

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by foey@Jan 25 2010, 07:12 PM~16409368

I was thinking of taking a mallet to the three that are bent to see if I can get them back/close to roundness....

yes/no?
Yes it will work but use a new 5LB knock off hammer.....

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
bend the 4th so they all match :0 jk sorry man :biggrin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
how do cause something like that?? im getting my first set of wire rims very soon now and would like to prevent this as much as possible!!
is the damage from hitting a small pothole or do you have to bang it pretty bad to get it like that?? thanks

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
use notched bar

·
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got these for free. They still hold air, there were tires on them before I got them (a homie I worked with just needed the tires so he gave me the rims). I think the previous owner was an idiot.

So will the 5lb mallet work? It is out of round, but not as much toward the inside. It's just mostly the lip and a little of that lump after the lip. I was thinking I could get it close enough so that it's not as noticeable.

·
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by B_A_RIDER@Jan 25 2010, 11:03 PM~16411949
bend the 4th so they all match  :0  jk sorry man  :biggrin:
LMAO, yeah and be called the Oblong Rider the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Originally posted by stran0020@Jan 26 2010, 02:26 AM~16412956
how do cause something like that?? im getting my first set of wire rims very soon now and would like to prevent this as much as possible!!
is the damage from hitting a small pothole or do you have to bang it pretty bad to get it like that?? thanks

What size are the wire rims you are getting? I have 14 x 7's and never had a problem?? I see bent rims all the time but never know how the hell they get so bad??

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Jan 26 2010, 06:28 PM~16420861
lead will absorb the impact and wwill not do much as far as bending it out...
if you say so..........but ive tried it and it works........... ;)

·
Registered
28,037 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Jan 26 2010, 07:58 PM~16421283
if you say so..........but ive tried it and it works........... ;)
LEAD WILL ABSORB MOST THE IMPACT

on something out of round that much how many hammers will it go throug?

lip only i have no doubt but on the round of the bend i dont see lead doing much within reasonable effort.

·
Registered
28,037 Posts
id use a strong sledge on a secured base. wrap the head of the sledge with an old peice of poly tire or thick material. avoiding metal to metal contact/damage and still taking most of impact instead of absorbing it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts