LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my other thread " [h=2]Handmade Plush Custom Bike Seats For Sale[/h] for more info on these bike seats I make for 20" lowrider bicycles. I do custom orders and am currently listing 2 more seats tomorrow, for the 2 seats I just finished, a purple and silver seat and a khaki and black seat. Please let me know what you think even if you don't buy them. Thanks!

OR check out the listings I have for them online:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Lowrider-Bicycle-Custom-Banana-Seat-With-Buttons-Medium-Light-Baby-Blue-/222627475732?hash=item33d5a1b114:g:PV0AAOSwkklZpQAe

https://www.etsy.com/listing/542602398/20-lowrider-bicycle-custom-banana-seats

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They need some work. Not hating
. The next 2 I'm putting up are better but each one is improved from the next. The khaki one is older and I dont use that much foam anymore but the blue one is more like the ones I make now and I've made improvements after doing that one too.

Thanks for your feedback and honesty.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
the blue one looks good quality! the fabric im not loving, maybe try crushed or wave velvet, but just better color combos with contrasting piping and buttons could make all the difference. anyways the quality looks good.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
one more thing the piping on the red and tan one is too close to the pan (to low) that's what makes it look weird to me. not hating just advice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I really appreciate your constructive criticism. I noticed the distance between the pan and piping and also thought it could look more appealing and would benefit from some alterations. Beacuse I build my own pans with fiberglass, I started making them deeper. So changed the seat pans after that making them deeper so there would be an inch and a half between the piping and the bottom of the pan. Yeah your absolutely right about the contrast between the colors. When I was using velvet, which was shinier and more eye catching I had no problem selling my seats. Do you think that the duller looking fabric I'm using is not as much what people who love lowriders and lowrider upholstery really are looking for? Thanks man for your feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts