LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GOT TIRED OF PUTTING UP WITH TIRE SHOP'S, SO FOR THE LAST YEAR I'VE BEEN MOUNTING AND PATCHING MY OWN TIRE'S. THIS TOOL HAS BEEN A GREAT INVESTMENT BUT I HAD TO MODIFY IT FOR KNOCKOFFS. WORK'S GREAT WITH SOME EXPERIENCE. JUST THOUGHT I'D SPREAD THE IDEA :cool:

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 19 2009, 07:08 PM~12753504
I GOT TIRED OF PUTTING UP WITH TIRE SHOP'S, SO FOR THE LAST YEAR I'VE BEEN MOUNTING AND PATCHING MY OWN TIRE'S. THIS TOOL HAS BEEN A GREAT INVESTMENT BUT I HAD TO MODIFY IT FOR KNOCKOFFS. WORK'S GREAT WITH SOME EXPERIENCE. JUST THOUGHT I'D SPREAD THE IDEA :cool:

:thumbsup:

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 19 2009, 08:08 PM~12753504

:confused:

·
6,456 Posts
ah,I was looking into one of thoes as well,How well does it work?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Jan 19 2009, 09:16 PM~12753635
ah,I was looking into one of thoes as well,How well does it work?

IT WORK'S FINE IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TIRE'S. I BOLTED IT TO A SHEET OF PLYWOOD SO I CAN MOVE IT OUTSIDE FOR BETTER LIGHTING. IT ALSO HELP'S ALOT TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP WHEN BREAKING THE SEAL SINCE YOU HAVE TO PRESS DOWN ON THE BEAD BREAKER AND HAVE IT TAPPED WITH A HAMMER TO GET IT DEEP BETWEEN THE RIM AND TIRE. I SMASHED A COUPLE FINGER'S THE FIRST TIME BUT NOW IT'S EAZY.

·
6,456 Posts
Im buying one of these bitches tommorrow,Called harbor freight earlier and there only $54 plus tax............... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Jan 19 2009, 11:11 PM~12755726
Im buying one of these bitches tommorrow,Called harbor freight earlier and there only $54 plus tax............... :thumbsup:
I BOUGHT MINE FROM ,NORTHERN TOOL AND EQUIPMENT. IT WAS ABOUT 80 BUCK'S WITH SHIPPING. IT WORK'S BEST WITH STOCK WHEEL'S. THESE LOWRIDER TIRE'S ARE VERY STIFF SO MAKE SURE TO USE SOME LUBE WHEN MOUNTING SO YOU DON'T RUIN THE TIRE. I BOLTED A KNOCKOFF ADAPTER ON IT TO HOLD DOWN THE WHEEL.

·
6,456 Posts
I bought this bitch a week ago and put it together this morning and need some more info,I put the adapter on and was wondering did you cut the nut bar off and put a bolt and nut on it instead and how did you tighten down the wheel with the adapter in the way?I was thinking about cutting the xo shaped hold down and welding it a little higher on the srew bar,but befor I jump to it, I wanna know what you did,and yes ,its already bolted down to a concrete slab in my backyard..........

·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 19 2009, 10:47 PM~12756313
I BOUGHT MINE FROM ,NORTHERN TOOL AND EQUIPMENT. IT WAS ABOUT 80 BUCK'S WITH SHIPPING. IT WORK'S BEST WITH STOCK WHEEL'S. THESE LOWRIDER TIRE'S ARE VERY STIFF SO MAKE SURE TO USE SOME LUBE WHEN MOUNTING SO YOU DON'T RUIN THE TIRE. I BOLTED A KNOCKOFF ADAPTER ON IT TO HOLD DOWN THE WHEEL.
Just did that,Had to cut off the stud bar,but how did you get it to tighten down because when you try to tighten it down it hits the adapter and not the hub?Unless you cut off 1/2" down on the threads of the adapter,I think Im gonna do that.........

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 19 2009, 08:25 PM~12753780
IT WORK'S FINE IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TIRE'S. I BOLTED IT TO A SHEET OF PLYWOOD SO I CAN MOVE IT OUTSIDE FOR BETTER LIGHTING. IT ALSO HELP'S ALOT TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP WHEN BREAKING THE SEAL SINCE YOU HAVE TO PRESS DOWN ON THE BEAD BREAKER AND HAVE IT TAPPED WITH A HAMMER TO GET IT DEEP BETWEEN THE RIM AND TIRE. I SMASHED A COUPLE FINGER'S THE FIRST TIME BUT NOW IT'S EAZY.
Pics or it never happened and you're a liar! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: J/K

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
some plastic strips I added to mine, i run vintage stuff so I do this with front of rim facing down so nothing ever touches my babies. These are great if you have more time than money and hate letting minimum wage workers touch your expensive rims!!!

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by Bigsmooth@Aug 30 2010, 01:48 PM~18442475
some plastic strips I added to mine,  i run vintage stuff so I do this with front of rim facing down so nothing ever touches my babies.  These are great if you have more time than money and hate letting minimum wage workers touch your expensive rims!!!

YOU JEST GAVE ME AN IDEA FOR MINE... I WONDER IF YOU CAN USE AN OLD INNERTUBE INSTEAD OF THE PLASTIC AND GET BETTER RESULTS? :cool:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Originally posted by BrownAzt3ka@Aug 30 2010, 02:06 PM~18442607
YOU JEST GAVE ME AN IDEA FOR MINE... I WONDER IF YOU CAN USE AN OLD INNERTUBE INSTEAD OF THE PLASTIC AND GET BETTER RESULTS? :cool:
Anything beats metal on metal I have tons of this stuff around work so thats why I used it, Its actually softer and more durable than it looks.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
that just seems like alot of work for the 5 bucks a tire shop charges? and looks like it would scratch the rim up? what about inflating? thats the hard part......

1 - 20 of 117 Posts