LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m currently running a black magic whammy set up and i,m wanting to upgrade the returns and the pressures in the trunk to hardlines for the coming summer. I,m using #6 lines and fittings. What size tubing should i be using? And would the hardlines still mate to the existing 9/16 JIC that the hoses are currently on?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Originally posted by UnityEd@Jan 11 2009, 08:31 AM~12668788
I,m currently running a black magic whammy set up and i,m wanting to upgrade the returns and the pressures  in the trunk to hardlines for the coming summer. I,m using #6 lines and fittings. What size tubing should i be using? And would the hardlines still mate to the existing 9/16 JIC that the hoses are currently on?

Cheers guys
email ron @ BMH...he will tell you exactly what you need and what will/wont work.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
They will mate up to the JIC, but to #6 if that what you working with. I havent seen any 9/16 , mainly 3/8 and 1/2

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by UnityEd@Jan 11 2009, 10:46 AM~12669535
So 3/8 s/s tubing will mate upto a #6 fitting? What size will the nuts be for the tubing? I don,t want to end up buying the wrong shit.
Sorry to sound like a dumb ass ;)

Its all good, some people have there own preference, but I like the flare type.

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/318.htm

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/product_p/319.htm

This is where I get almost all my fittings from, they got a lot of odd ball shit and good prices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by UnityEd@Jan 11 2009, 11:51 AM~12669862
Nice one thanks for that :)

I,m beginning to get my head round all this, it,ll be worth it when its done.
I wouldnt call myself a tubing expert, but I done my share. Hit me up 4 some shorts , mybe I can help.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
check out hilow in LIL hydro forum they sell chrome returns and a good price, i did a customers set up and they worked great.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by jgcustomz@Jan 11 2009, 12:48 PM~12670199
check out hilow in LIL hydro forum they sell chrome returns and a good price, i did a customers set up and they worked great.

I dont know how much you paid, but you can make them for less than 7$ per line.

And use stainless so you can polish them out cause when you chrome them out, they dont like to go on too EZ plus no chipping. And it looks dead on chrome.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Jan 11 2009, 02:55 PM~12670696
I dont know how much you paid, but you can make them for less than 7$ per line.

And use stainless so you can polish them out cause when you chrome them out, they  dont like to go on too EZ plus no chipping. And it looks dead on chrome.
don't know how much customer paid but. if you don't have the bender and flare tool. and the know how LOL .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts