LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to see if anyone might have a chart or can direct to a chart for bending hardline and how much it shrinks when bending it! I have bent thousands of feet of conduit and it has shrinkage values, but I can't find the same for hardlines! :uh:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I always used .049 wall 3/8 and I used to bend 180 degree turns in setups, a lot of 180 degree turns. 3/8 .049 has held up to 72 volts on a hopper I worked on with several 180 degree turns in the pressure side of set up with no problem at all.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am using 1/2" .065 thick! I just want to know how do you calculate where to start the bend at
! ;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by $Bigg Money$@Oct 1 2003, 05:36 PM
u going all the way to the clynder with hard line
No! Just quite a few bends in the trunk!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Oct 1 2003, 05:11 PM
Well I am using 1/2" .065 thick!  I just want to know how do you calculate where to start the bend at
! ;)
you know what, I use to know exactly the length for the 3/8 when bending. I used up over 50ft of hardline in a setup I once did, one piece alone was over 7ft and had 12 bends(90 & 180 degree). That's been a few years ago though

ALL BENDS WERE PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL AND PERFECTLY STRAIGHT,,,NO SHITTY LOOKING CROOKED SHIT EITHER :biggrin:

Last edited by [email protected] at Oct 1 2003, 06:32 PM

·
Registered
89 Posts

this one is cool too

i met the guys that did these cars !

Last edited by mint al 1 at Oct 2 2003, 05:53 AM

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by nightmare86@Oct 1 2003, 11:55 PM
man these cars are dope i need these guys to build my shit hahahahaha
there is nothing hard about it ;) If you are good at using a tape measure and have some patience, you can design the setup of your dreams and make it nice ;)

oh yeah, $$$$$$ helps out a lot :biggrin:

Last edited by [email protected] at Oct 1 2003, 11:57 PM

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I use a parker 180 degree bender for 3/8 tubing to figure out wher to start masure down the from the top whee it says 0 to where it says 90 on mine that is exactly one inch also remember when you make your bends you need to measure back 1 inchfrom wher you want it end up. on mine i measure from where the tube is to where i want it to be and minus one inch. sorry so sloppy im typing left hande as i had surgery today on my right. George SRS

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
U can always use clothes hangers' to do trial peices. Bend that up and then when doing the hardline place the tool were its supposed to bend......I am in the process of doing this now too :biggrin:

Last edited by djtwigsta at Oct 2 2003, 11:34 AM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts