LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna be doing my first hardlines setup and was wondering if 3/8 .32 stainless steel will be strong enough to withstand the pressure of a simple 2 pump hydraulic setup just being used to fbss and dogleg. will be just prox blocks, chrome saco motors, and #10 heads, delta dumps. So I doubt I'll be sending out too much psi. Thanks.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
this MAY help......... most say .035 in stainles is ok for returns only. i have serched all hardline threads on this site and i see people pushing .049 and up for pressure.
you didint list what volts your gonna run to your motors.

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
ive seen people bl ow out return lines from hopping.. they will blow before the pressure lines will.. i would do both with .049 and up.. ive blown out 2 return lines hopping.. and my buddy has blown out a couple also.. #8 return lines that werent in a bind

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Oct 11 2006, 07:22 PM~6350091
Im only doing 24v to each pump.  sorry about that.  Like i said, this car isnt going to be for hopping, just fbss and dogleg (its fwd).
are you sure its .32??

anyways i had a setup for front, back at 24v to each pump and i had no problem...and i had both pressure and returns in 3/8 .035.....I just never did any dogleg :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts