LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new harmonic balancer for my Caddy, it has a 79 305 in it out of a Monte Carlo. The balancer that came in was off a 79 Chevy truck with a 305. The problem is the one off the truck is bigger, it fits perfectly but the diameter is bigger. Will this cause me any problems?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i dont konw as long as u have the correct timing cover and tab for the truck motor..the truck timing tab will be on the drivers side and it will be higher up to not hit the bigger balancer..i think the smaller ones are like 7 inch and the large ones are 8 inch the smaller ones have a timing tab welded to the cover at 12 oclock on the balancer and the large ones have the tab that bolts on at 2 o clock..id run the smaller one cause those dampen crank vibration and since the 305 has less rotating mass its might through it out of wack with the 8 inch balancer

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER@Jul 25 2005, 10:39 PM
i dont konw as long as u have the correct timing cover and tab for the truck motor..the truck timing tab will be on the drivers side and it will be higher up to not hit the bigger balancer..i think the smaller ones are like 7 inch and the large ones are 8 inch the smaller ones have a timing tab welded to the cover at 12 oclock on the balancer and the large ones have the tab that bolts on at 2 o clock..id run the smaller one cause those dampen crank vibration and since the 305 has less rotating mass its might through it out of wack with the 8 inch balancer
[snapback]3477739[/snapback]​
they didnt have 305s in trucks?

jho - itll work fine.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i was referencing this 1st post he said the balancer was off a truck but i see now that he said the truck was also a 305..

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER@Jul 26 2005, 04:43 PM
i was referencing this 1st post he said the balancer was off a truck but i see now that he said the truck was also a 305..
[snapback]3485268[/snapback]​

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It said 79 C-10 truck on the recepit from the junkyard.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jul 27 2005, 01:55 PM
you could get a 305 in chevy trucks
[snapback]3491552[/snapback]​

True, almost everyone says there Chevy truck has a 350 in it, but I have seen more trucks with 305's in them then 350's in them :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts