LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just curious...and there hasnt been a new topic in 4 ever it seems.. :uh: i have chrome motors and whammy tanks and 4 aluminum prohopper pump blocks needles ta say aluminum isnt doing it...can i paint my blocks i was thinkin of polishing them.but....i think paint would look better with all the chrome.. :cool:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You can paint them or have them annodized. Personally, I would polish the shit out of them and they would come very close to matching the chrome.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
how would one go about "polishing" something? i got a couple things on the ride that could use a lil more shine. ;)

Last edited by 1lownissan at Dec 24 2003, 11:11 AM

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i posted about polishing aluminum check it out

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I've had my pumps (the old Fenners) since '91 and they've been painted numerous times. Right now, they're "green rock-paint." Hell, they've been white, pearl white, yellow, blue, etc.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Dec 24 2003, 05:59 PM
I would paint all the lettering on the blocks (if any) the same color to match your trunk sceme. Then polish them. Judges like that kinda stuff too
I have done that a lot. I do it mostly to backing plates with the engravings on them. If you do it like this then remember you only have to paint over the letters and then sand the extra off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts