LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
we do paint some of ours and i just used regular base, candy then clear with flex additive but im not going to lie they will peel sometimes

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
well you have battery tie downs that apply pressure then you have the battery acid problem. then you have the material that the batteries are made out of so i think it is a combination of things

·
Registered
300 Posts
ask the hardware store there is a new type of paint by krylon that is specialy made to bond to plastic, a safety thing for kids back yard toys

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
just spend the extra cash and get battery covers and boxes. they come in chrome, blue, yellow, red, gold, and black.
i think jc whitney sells them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
im interested in some of those chrome battery covers, i couldnt find them on the jcwhitney site....are they anywhere else online?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida@Nov 13 2003, 08:21 PM
Should I primer the batterys first? Also what paint brande is suggested, because some paint wont stick to plastic..
You can get a primer made for plastic. Its an epoxy primer. HOK makes a good one but its pricey. However, it won't peel....

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
spray paint,LOL :uh:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i would just get some sort of covers for the things and paint those. i dont know from experience but im guessing the bar holding them down and acid would probably eat the paint up pretty quick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts