LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a pump for my plow prohopper snowplow pumps i was thinkin of tryin what u guys think just so crazy it just might work
:uh:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Nov 27 2003, 10:38 PM
i need a pump for my plow  prohopper snowplow pumps  i was thinkin  of tryin  what u guys think  just so crazy it just might work
:uh:
Are you saying to use a complete prohopper pump on your plow? Motor and gears?

I don't see why not, I'd use a snowplow pump on my car.

I think the plow pumps came with a built in pressure relief valve. I'd say it would work pretty good, if not too good as in too fast. See what gears the plow is using now, I bet there are like # 2 or #4.

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 27 2003, 10:52 PM

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i put a lowrider #10 pump on my plow truck 7 years ago, and a backup group 31 under the hood, and its still in service!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by CP@Nov 27 2003, 11:57 PM
i put a lowrider #10 pump on my plow truck 7 years ago, and a backup group 31 under the hood, and its still in service!
Would you happen to have a picture of that? I think that pretty interesting.

#10 pump head, who made it?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i have # 6 gears i was gonna run it at 12 volts with an xtra battery under the hood but my plow has 3 cyliders how do i route the hoses see guys i dont have any pump on my plow so i dont have anything but the blade and cyls and the mount thanks guys i thoiught i was crazy 4 thinking bout doin this ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hay people i was lookin round at parts america .com or aka advance auto they sell fenner pump motors 200 bucks though just thought that was kinda interesting so i shared this :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Nov 28 2003, 08:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Nov 28 2003, 08:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--CP@Nov 27 2003, 11:57 PM
Would you happen to have a picture of that? I think that pretty interesting.

#10 pump head, who made it?[/b][/quote]
you dont remember the lowrider #10's? they look just like fenners, they might be fenner. i think they were PN33? just had a real thick gear, and they always broke shafts.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i got a western pump tonite so no hopping plow 4 me

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by CP@Nov 28 2003, 09:36 AM

#10 pump head, who made it?

you dont remember the lowrider #10's? they look just like fenners, they might be fenner. i think they were PN33? just had a real thick gear, and they always broke shafts.
I think 10's came out, just as I left Lowriden. I'm guessing they came out around '83?

I know the 8's were always busting shafts/couplins (with the motor I was using).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts