LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borrowed ours from the lab today to check out some stuff on my regal.

Man, this thing is bad. I hooked it up to our Bonneville and turned off injectors, tripped fan relays etc. Even checked out a map of cylinder misfires ( i caused some by turning off the injectors lol). Its pretty cool.

I also hooked it up to our 2000 Cadillac DHS and took the car for a spin. It shows 1-2 and 3-4 shift times, you can clear the memory on shift recongnition. It also showed current Torque output :0 Crazy shit.

It didn't help me fix my regals problem though :angry:

Too bad these fuckers are over $3000 or I'd own one!! Anyone got the hookup on one? :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
software upgrades for those things are a bitch too :angry: they are fucking cool. Gm transmissions can even compensate for slippage with higher line pressure, and the scan tool can even tell you how much its compensating for :0

It puts the toyota scan tool to shame. Im pretty sure it even has diagnostic functions (probe wire a of connector 1 etc)

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Aug 11 2005, 06:55 AM~3590431
our shop is too ghetto....we just have the snap on scanners that don't work half of the time
locus scanner is cool. i just never had patience to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
what year regal were you using it on? the g body regals you have to use the tech 1

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by T BONE@Aug 11 2005, 08:30 PM~3596996
My boy borrowed one from a tech school a couple years back, pretty damn sweet!
Is he still "borrowing" it? :biggrin:

I"d love to get my hands on one...hint hint ;)

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by nwa_fo_lyfe@Aug 11 2005, 05:10 PM~3595442
what year regal were you using it on? the g body regals you have to use the tech 1
w body regal, h body boneville, K body cadillac

yeah I figured that out when I figured I'd try it on my 90 chevy truck but it only goes back to 91 at least the files were only 91-2003

1 - 9 of 9 Posts