LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post some pics ...... Its dead here --- too cold & no room til spring...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
** the chicks prelude with the skyline front body kit is the last car I painted ..... I am working on my 64 tho -- I am good with it ....

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
painting a 63 impala 2 door HOK Orion Silver body, 1995 Ford Ultra White top- pics soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by Xx_de_xX@Jan 13 2004, 02:00 AM
painting a 63 impala 2 door HOK Orion Silver body, 1995 Ford Ultra White top- pics soon.
Yo homie, go HOK ICE PEARL on the roof instead!! OFF THE HOOK!!! Looks way better then any white you will find!! Just ask around and I bet everyone will tell you the same. That shit is just gorgeous on Impala roofs!! BELIEVE ME!!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by impalasonly+Jan 13 2004, 01:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impalasonly @ Jan 13 2004, 01:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Xx_de_xX@Jan 13 2004, 02:00 AM
painting a 63 impala 2 door HOK Orion Silver body, 1995 Ford Ultra White top-  pics soon.
Yo homie, go HOK ICE PEARL on the roof instead!! OFF THE HOOK!!! Looks way better then any white you will find!! Just ask around and I bet everyone will tell you the same. That shit is just gorgeous on Impala roofs!! BELIEVE ME!![/b][/quote]
*** SURE is !!!!!! Thats why it will be on my roof top -- That & some kandy ghost patterns.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ+Jan 15 2004, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (STREET SWEEPAZ @ Jan 15 2004, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 01:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Xx_de_xX
@Jan 13 2004, 02:00 AM
painting a 63 impala 2 door HOK Orion Silver body, 1995 Ford Ultra White top-  pics soon.

Yo homie, go HOK ICE PEARL on the roof instead!! OFF THE HOOK!!! Looks way better then any white you will find!! Just ask around and I bet everyone will tell you the same. That shit is just gorgeous on Impala roofs!! BELIEVE ME!!
*** SURE is !!!!!! Thats why it will be on my roof top -- That & some kandy ghost patterns.... :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
I painted it over a 64 roof not long ago looks sweet as ;) :biggrin: ..
soon to paint the body ill' put some pics up when its finished..

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly+Jan 13 2004, 02:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impalasonly @ Jan 13 2004, 02:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Xx_de_xX@Jan 13 2004, 02:00 AM
Yo homie, go HOK ICE PEARL on the roof instead!! OFF THE HOOK!!! Looks way better then any white you will find!! Just ask around and I bet everyone will tell you the same. That shit is just gorgeous on Impala roofs!! BELIEVE ME!![/b][/quote]
I don't think I've seen ice pearl before. I kinda wanted to keep with the traditional plain white top. the only thing I'm changing is the "brightness" Find me some pics of ice pearl, and I might be sold

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I wish I could start painting mine. Gotta study for the ged though. Hey does anyone have any pics of ice pearl paint jobs? I havent seen it in action yet.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Oh yea, and you know how on the back of a 63, how it has that aluminum cover plate that goes between the body and the lights? Well, for shits and giggles, we are going to paint that using just flake (after the orion silver is laid down) What do you guys think? Think it'll look like ass, or tight? I think it would look bad ass, as you're following the car, the flake is just dancing for you.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Xx_de_xX@Jan 16 2004, 01:50 AM
Oh yea, and you know how on the back of a 63, how it has that aluminum cover plate that goes between the body and the lights? Well, for shits and giggles, we are going to paint that using just flake (after the orion silver is laid down) What do you guys think? Think it'll look like ass, or tight? I think it would look bad ass, as you're following the car, the flake is just dancing for you.
** I had thought about it but I was going to tape it off so that only the center was painted ..... In Ice pearls tho....

Ice pearl looks like crushed up glass or little diamonds in your paint....

i have a pic of a helmet that i did .. i will try too find it ....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Painted this year?

No to cold, and no customers. I do have a heater, but
most peeps don't think of painting there car in the winter

I even lowerd my prices, and have my eperamental deal.

~~WINTER PACKAGE DEALS~~

Basic Base/Clear..................$1200
miner body repair
primer
any base color
clear coat
and buffing

Base/Clear w/ mediea.........$1800
miner body repair
primer
any base color
(flake,pearl,ice...)
clear coat
and buffing

Base/Clear & paterns..........$1800
miner body repair
primer
any base color
basic paterns
clear coat
and buffing

B/C Patterns & Flake...........$2200
miner body repair
primer
any base color
basic paterns
(flake,pearl,ice...)
clear coat
and buffing

~~EXPERAMENT OF THE SEASON~~
When I think of something I havn't done yet, but realy want to try, I do an experament deal.
This time it is X-otic Crystals (lectrafinish) go to lectrafinish.com for more info.
http://www.lectrafinish.com/victor-red-gmc.htm

Experament package

miner body repair
primer
any base color
Mid clear coat
Crystals
2nd color
2nd mid clear coat
final clear coat
and buffing

Normaly...................$3500 +
Eperamental price... $1500
*no gauratees on outcome*

Last edited by MyFamiliaCC at Jan 16 2004, 11:43 AM

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Well i think you really have to see the ice pearl in person to get the effect. I would like to try mixing some dry pearl and ice pearl together over white and see how that looks.

But it is shaved glass. It almost looks like small flake when the light is directly on it but it almost dissapears at night so it looks better than flake when there is no light on it

·
Registered
949 Posts
heres a close of a roof In ice pearl hard to cap. on camera from far cause the glare of the white but it goes of it's nut in real ...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep!!!! with kandy ghost patterns & fades ---- :biggrin: --- thats how im doing it on my roof........ 1 whole can on there , The least i can do it ........ Maybe 2 cans ----> :0

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
That ice pearl is fuckin' nuts. Nobody around here has that shit. There's only one candy car around here. I think only one person that paints candy too. I'll have to check that shit out in real life. Worst case scenerio- I paint my bike in that. Thanks for the tip guys- I think that picture might have sold me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts