LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious whether someone has done such a modification as this..

Are there any gbodys in the mid 80's that had digital Ac controls?

Would using a later model car like yours that has one be able to swap?

I'd like to swap my manual AC controls in ym regal for a nice updated digital control panel..

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
You know, regals came out with there own digital climate control panels ;)
I have seen them on a 85 and a 87 but i am not sure what spacific year they came out :(
I wanted to do that to my cutty and found a digital panel off a regal but it does't bolt right up :( :uh:

Hey did you also know that regals came out with digital dash ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
also beware, they might have a separate computer control or temp controller, so might be more than just a dash pannel, but im not certain, cause caddys are like that.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know there would be a huge wiring problem..

yea my regal has a digital dash ;)
its a big attention getter cuz not many have em.

·
18,722 Posts
Theres a couple different electronic climate controls for regals. One has farenheit temps written on it and the other has celcius, one made in canada and one US. And yes you do need to have all the wiring that came with that regal with the electric climate control, and possibly some of the actuators and stuff that the manual ones dont have.

Its the biggest scam when you see a electronic one for sale on ebay, people think it will go right in, but little do they know they need alot of dash guts to make it work, then they just end up selling it to another sucker.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDevilleDTS@May 3 2009, 10:58 AM~13769800
Theres a couple different electronic climate controls for regals.  One has farenheit temps written on it and the other has celcius, one made in canada and one US.  And yes you do need to have all the wiring that came with that regal with the electric climate control, and possibly some of the actuators and stuff that the manual ones dont have.

Its the biggest scam when you see a electronic one for sale on ebay, people think it will go right in, but little do they know they need alot of dash guts to make it work, then they just end up selling it to another sucker.
real talk

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
riviaras have digital too i have a 87 vert riviara in my shop with the dash out i wanna put it all in my regal but theres alot of shit hooked to it, if i get it done ima make a diagram of where the wires need to go an what all youll need cause i hear this question alot. i sold some gauges an a/c controls on here a long time ago an i think the guy figured it out but i can figure out who it was i sold it to musta been 4-5 years ago

·
Registered
333 Posts
In Order For It To Operate Completely, U Have To Remove The Whole Air Box And Electric Actuators And Vents From Under The Dash, By The Glove Box. Best Bet is To Everything Out From One Of Those Late 80's Buick Whatever Wagons. They Bolt Right Up. Or U Can Fake The Funk And Just Put The Stereo Looking Like Digital Control Box In Instead and Have It Just For Looks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bump.

Can someone tell me what I would need for this swap & how to do it. I have my engine & dashboard already out of the car getting worked on so I have acess to anything that I need to take out & put in. I ran across one of these units the other day at a local salvage yard & I can get all the parts I need off this car.

·
16,068 Posts
Bump.

Can someone tell me what I would need for this swap & how to do it. I have my engine & dashboard already out of the car getting worked on so I have acess to anything that I need to take out & put in. I ran across one of these units the other day at a local salvage yard & I can get all the parts I need off this car.
It's posted right above. You need the COMPLETE WIRING harness along with the air box and any acutators/relays/etc that are a part of it. Basically the complete system out of the donor car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts