LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone even shaved off a parshal frame and put on a full frame? how did it work out? is it possible? how much would ya charge to do this? i got a 83 diplomat thats the body has a few bb holes in the very front end and a lil rust on one door but besides that its almost perfect, runs perfect but the damn parshal frame is rusted bad in 2 places, should last another 2-3 years but i would like to fix it for good if possible, thanks every one its a very nice can and i like it alot so if its possible to fix my car please help!

Last edited by Kenny13z3 at Jul 29 2003, 08:46 PM

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok, if I understand you have a frame that has a bad section from rust. You would like to repair it and want to know what the best way is? If correct read below, If not then I just typed for nothing.

It is possible to fix it, however you would have to remove the vehicle from the frame to re-weld in the new sections, but to get new sections you would have to take the frame out from another car and cut out what you wanted, so shy not just swap frames instead of pulling two frames, repairing one and installing it back? I would just pull two and install one without wasting time cutting and welding in a new sections, but that is just my suggestions. If you lived in Idaho I would do it for $300 if you already had the frame for the swap out of the other car.... More if I had to pull two frames :)

Hope this is what you were looking for in an answer.

·
Registered
404 Posts
let me try to answer your question as best as i can. we have done this before both ways. 1 its easier to repair your frame it can be cut out and a new section made. you will need to go to an experienced welding shop to get this done or 2 you can make a tube chassis this way will cost you much more than your car is worth most likely. and it takes alot of work. with your car being a unibody you need to do the first method and just repair the original frame depending how bad it is you can expect to pay anywhere from 100 to 1000 bucks sounds like a wide range but it just depends how bad it is. just some comparison for you to build a full frame under a unibody and attach it where it is ready to drive when it leaves depending on the car i start at 4000. hope this helps.

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
Originally posted by Kenny13z3@Jul 31 2003, 01:21 AM
ya but its a parshal frame, it dont come off , its conected to the car, not bolted i wanna know if the "parshal" frame can be cut/shaved off and a regular full frame put on.. if you think this is possible what kind of car full frame would fit it?
Are you talking about a car, that has a frame in the fron and the back is unibody? For example a 70's Chrysler New Yorker that has a frame in the fron to the middle of the doors and uniboy the rest of the way back and you want to put a full frame underneith it?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know nothing abotu 70s cars but yea pretty much, i wanna replace the unibody with a full frame , but if i can fix it (my dad lyed to me he said it was junk and i couldent fix it) ill prob do that for now... both rust places are about 15" big and are up tords the motor, opiset sides of the car... , its a 83 dodge diplomat, how much would this be? thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts