LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my homeboy ran across this nitro amp... have any of you dealt with this amp or heard of it for that matter...

here's one of the amps right here...

http://www.teptronics.com/bmw486.html

im just really looking for some feedback on it for one of my homeboys, i've never heard of it and tonight was the first time i saw one.

the only thing that triggers my "dont buy" senses is that damn near the entire thing illuminates when powered on (it also has a chrome face) and that i've been to about 4 sites that were selling it and none of them had the RMS power ratings of any of the amps...

but if you heard of them, drop your input....

-qs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Kinda looks cool, but for $163.99 as their most expensive amp in their line, and claiming 2000 watts....I smell BS

Ive seen their speakers sold on ebay, and no one ever buys them ... lol. But hey, if it doesnt work of for some subs, you can always use it for a tweeter amp :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 11 2005, 10:33 PM~3795238
Kinda looks cool, but for $163.99 as their most expensive amp in their line, and claiming 2000 watts....I smell BS

Ive seen their speakers sold on ebay, and no one ever buys them ... lol.  But hey, if it doesnt work of for some subs, you can always use it for a tweeter amp :)

LOL 2000watt paperweight pushing tweeters at 50wattsRMS x 2 @ 1ohm LOL


alright, thanks for the reply snoopdan, anyone else have anything else they would like to add...

-qs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 11 2005, 07:18 PM~3795167
my homeboy ran across this nitro amp... have any of you dealt with this amp or heard of it for that matter...

here's one of the amps right here...

http://www.teptronics.com/bmw486.html

im just really looking for some feedback on it for one of my homeboys, i've never heard of it and tonight was the first time i saw one.

the only thing that triggers my "dont buy" senses is that damn near the entire thing illuminates when powered on (it also has a chrome face) and that i've been to about 4 sites that were selling it and none of them had the RMS power ratings of any of the amps...

but if you heard of them, drop your input....

-qs

Looks to me like flea market supreme homie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,097 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 11 2005, 07:18 PM~3795167
my homeboy ran across this nitro amp... have any of you dealt with this amp or heard of it for that matter...

here's one of the amps right here...

http://www.teptronics.com/bmw486.html

im just really looking for some feedback on it for one of my homeboys, i've never heard of it and tonight was the first time i saw one.

the only thing that triggers my "dont buy" senses is that damn near the entire thing illuminates when powered on (it also has a chrome face) and that i've been to about 4 sites that were selling it and none of them had the RMS power ratings of any of the amps...

but if you heard of them, drop your input....

-qs
FOR A LOW BUDGET COOL SYSTEM THEY'RE GREAT!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from my experience, poweracoustik make some nice amps, very strong, and i abuse the shit out of both of mine ATLEAST 1 to 2 hours a day 6 days a week and they keep pimpin...

i think he's gonna go with this one:

Power Acoustik A1000DB



800wRMS x 1 @ 2ohms

i still dont understand why ppl sleep on poweracoustik amps,

it retails for $345, i found it for $149.99 shipped...

i think im ready for another install :biggrin:

BOOM BOOM

-qs
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,973 Posts
nahhh, for that price for a "2000 watt" amp, nah, its probly crap, what is he going to be running it to? maybe he should look at the hifonics BX1500D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by lowsammy@Sep 23 2005, 09:35 PM~3874584
Power Acoustik A1000DB



800wRMS x 1 @ 2ohms
and 1 ohm stable
i coulda sworn i saw this from somewhere before, and its 2ohm stable not 1ohm...

450wRMS x 1 @ 4ohms
800wRMS x 1 @ 2ohms


-qs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by lowsammy@Sep 23 2005, 11:32 PM~3875217
their web site claims it is 1 ohm stable stereo .....

http://www.poweracoustik.com/classD.html
look again, the amp we are talking about is A1000DB

the 1ohm stable amps are A1800DB and up look at the link again the you just gave

:puffin:

-qs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 22 2005, 07:13 PM~3867687

i still dont understand why ppl sleep on poweracoustik amps,


Ya know, after hanging out with quite a few people who have those Power Acoustik amps, I am tending to believe you on this. For the price, they're a sleeper amp for sure, and they do actually do what they claim it appears. Ive never liked their stuff (I remember the junk they were peddling years ago) and they have apparently improved their products in general. I was shocked to see how many people were using FUBR subs and doing good numbers off them as well.

Also remember folks, power has become cheap to produce. The switching transisitors that provide high current in amplifiers have become extremely cheap to purchase from suppliers to amp compaines, hence the 3 fold power increase in amplifiers at 1/2 the price just in the last 5 years. Thats why there are so many good amplifier choices out there these days and for cheap. Everyones benefiting from little short asian people churning out chips in China :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol

im telling you, i was a lil nervous about buying them becaue normally the rule of thumb is that for lower scale amps the amp does half of what its peak power is, and then when i see poweracoustik 2 channel amps doing more then half at 4ohms (PA GS 520w amp: 300wRMSx1 @ 4ohms, PAGS 820w amp: 460wRMS x1 @4ohms) i was a lil sketchy, but i figured, i could always return it within the 30day grace period...

next thing i know, my sub and speakers look like they are trying to escape their baskets...

and it provides a clean sound as well so i dont know what to say, but it gets slept on hard...

-qs
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 24 2005, 03:13 PM~3878031
lol

im telling you, i was a lil nervous about buying them becaue normally the rule of thumb is that for lower scale amps the amp does half of what its peak power is, and then when i see poweracoustik 2 channel amps doing more then half at 4ohms (PA GS 520w amp: 300wRMSx1 @ 4ohms, PAGS 820w amp: 460wRMS x1 @4ohms) i was a lil sketchy, but i figured, i could always return it within the 30day grace period...

next thing i know, my sub and speakers look like they are trying to escape their baskets...

and it provides a clean sound as well so i dont know what to say, but it gets slept on hard...

-qs
its like the bazooka amp :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 25 2005, 09:00 AM~3880349
its like the bazooka amp :biggrin:
hmmm, i just thought of that...

but see i tried the bazooka amps vefore i got the impression on them i have, and that shit sucked...i might have to give them another try if my poweracoustiks let me down (which i doubt)...

-qs
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top