LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
switching carb to tuned port injection. im just trying to find out where to get exhaust manifolds with o2 sensors for this setup. its going on a 75 caprice so i dont know if there is room to throw on the camaro/corvette headers.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
LT1 headers don't have a space for the O2 sensor. They should put a bung in the exhaust when you have it made. The LT1 headers just have a space for the AIR pump, which you don't really need. ;) You can just cap those ports off. The Edelbrock headers should be no problem fitting your Caprice. They're shorty style headers, and they fit the late model B & D body cars (same frame as your older Caprice), and they're actually the same as the F-body (Camaro/Trans Am) headers, which has a lot less space under the hood than your car. :cool: Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck with the swap!
Jeff

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks badass. check this out i bought the whole tune port setup. when i asked the guy what it came out of he said he didnt remember. is this going to be a problem or does it matter. it has the obdII connector on the harness. im figuring its after 95-96

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 75caprice@Sep 16 2005, 06:44 AM~3827228
thanks badass. check this out i bought the whole tune port setup. when i asked the guy what it came out of he said he didnt remember. is this going to be a problem or does it matter. it has the obdII connector on the harness. im figuring its after 95-96
Well, I guess it might matter if you were looking for year-specific information or parts, but as long as you hook it up and it works I guess it shouldn't matter. ;) My guess is that it would be 96 (or up) since that was the first year for OBD II.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts