LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by iixxvmmii@Feb 4 2010, 02:36 AM~16507612
Anyone use these in your cutlasses? Was thinking about trying them out. Summit Racing Hedman Headers
yup had hedman full lenth in my 84 cutlass calias...whats your question?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just wanting some feedback on them. I didnt know if anyone had them in a cutty. If there was any fitment issues, stuff like that. Ive heard that Hedman and Hooker are the top in headers, just wanted to get something that is quality. Ya know? Anyone have pics of cutlasses with ceramic, thermal coated headers?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by iixxvmmii@Feb 5 2010, 11:12 AM~16520297
I was just wanting some feedback on them. I didnt know if anyone had them in a cutty. If there was any fitment issues, stuff like that. Ive heard that Hedman and Hooker are the top in headers, just wanted to get something that is quality. Ya know? Anyone have pics of cutlasses with ceramic, thermal coated headers?
i just had the regular black hedmans-they get rust colored but never rotted on me-i had a sbc 350 and i had to jack the drivers side way up and fish it in fron the bottom-i think the steeng shaft was in the way but can remember-once theyre in they fit fine-they do hang below the engine crossmember tho-i rode stock with 14s and the header flange(drivers side was worse if i remember correct)hit the ground alot while driving,and kinda got ground down to where the bottom bolt is-other than that they serve their purpose :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 5 2010, 09:25 AM~16520879
i just had the regular black hedmans-they get rust colored but never rotted on me-i had a sbc 350 and i had to jack the drivers side way up and fish it in fron the bottom-i think the steeng shaft was in the way but can remember-once theyre in they fit fine-they do hang below the engine crossmember tho-i rode stock with 14s and the header flange(drivers side was worse if i remember correct)hit the ground alot while driving,and kinda got ground down to where the bottom bolt is-other than that they serve their purpose  :biggrin:
X's 2 :yes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good to know! So since they're mid length I probably shouldn't have any problems putting them in from the top? :x:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one reason why I'm going with mid length headers. Like you (Dan) I have full length headers and they scrape. So much that there's a big ass hole in the header. :biggrin:

·
18,723 Posts
I had the full length hooker headers black. Black is the worst, first time you run your car it like melts off or something and looks like shit from then on. The drivers side one scraped a little when i hit huge humps on my stock suspension. Since then ive bought ceramic headers that always look nice and mid sized ones, not shorty not long.

84 Cutlass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts