LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they fuckin flicker....it feels like the switch for them is gettin quite warm........BUT a month ago my highbeam clicker wouldnt click over....sometimes it would....and i could click(w/o it makin the click noise) from h/b, l/b or NO lights....weird.....i dunno if there is a relay under the dash...my homie said he had 2 replace his dads on his caddy....and it was in the steering column...i hope not......

its a 91 caprice....i didnt mind havin it fucked up before...but i cant drive down the street havin it flicker every sec from low to high...... i need some help.

im bout to check out the haynes manual...too

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i see headlight switch removal....im sure they dont mean the switch u see from the outside, but a switch inside the dash.....im wonderin if this is it and if there is a way to be sure :dunno: im gonna check back here in the mornin....hopefully some1 has experience.

·
Registered
943 Posts
This happened to my '95 Impala SS. You have to replace the hi/lo beam switch (dimmer switch). But you have to lower the steering column. It's not that hard. Remember to deactivate your airbag before you do it.

Anymore questions, hit me up.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dimmer switch? is that the thing that clicks??? cuz mine done click no more...it moves in n out, but no noise........its at the chevy dealer now tho...gettin shit done 2 it....he said he was ...i think the same shit u said...but if its not they gonna call me. at least its gettin done

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yup, it's the hi/lo beam switch that clicks.

It costs like $15 at the dealer. How much are they going to charge you?

It took me like one hour or less to do.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA+Aug 6 2003, 01:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chevrolet n LA @ Aug 6 2003, 01:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--MafioSSo@Aug 6 2003, 01:21 PM
'95 Impala SS.
pics?? i love these cars...impalas/caprices 91-96...best car ever made :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Click on the link on my sig. In the first group pic, my car is the second one from the left. But I don't have any other pics online yet.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do u gotta remove the steering wheel?? they are chargin me a lot more then $15...BUT im not sure its that, they are inspecting it...I dont got time 2 really mess wit it...i mean i could, but ive never done it....plus in 2 days...im not gonna wanna work on my car like that, not only am i on vacation, im havin surgery this friday ...wisdom teeth :(

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do u know vic? u go to flames? u know "crazy legs" that had the blue caprice, and his name is "mike" he has no legs.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA@Aug 6 2003, 02:19 PM
do u know vic? u go to flames? u know "crazy legs" that had the blue caprice, and his name is "mike" he has no legs.
Yes, I know Vic. I used to go to Flames. It's dead now. I don't know that guy Mike personally, but I know who you're talking about. I saw him on the news the other day.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah thats great, im glad 2 see him doin good for himself and the community ;)

he has a good shot....we use 2 ball all the time

Last edited by Chevrolet n LA at Aug 6 2003, 02:41 PM

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
183, he said they took the steering wheel off n shit...i dunno but its fixed....and while they did that i made $100...i dont care really...cuz i didnt have time 2 investigate n fix it really

·
Registered
943 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA@Aug 8 2003, 01:09 PM
183, he said they took the steering wheel off n shit...i dunno but its fixed....and while they did that i made $100...i dont care really...cuz i didnt have time 2 investigate n fix it really
If they changed the dimmer switch all they had to do was drop the column but you don't have to remove the steering wheel. Man 183 is a rip off to replace a $15 part. That's why I never go to dealerships.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it was a hi beam switch...im pretty sure it was that..i dont care tho, its done. :cheesy: the part was $30 bucks tho, and labor $150 :uh: :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts