LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headliner is all fallen down and shit, and im planning on taking it out and putting a new one up. my question is whats the best way to take the old one out? do i take off all the roof moldings and just rip it out? or use a blade and cut it out?

also, can i leave it with no headliner since i havent decided on a interior color yet?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
take off all the trim , sun visors, oh shit bars...etc...some vehicles the trim holds them up but once you remove the trim you will be able to see what all needs to come down.....taking them down is the easy part.....getting it out of the car is the bitch...recline and push your seats as far back as you can and take it out through the passenger door to get it out.....once its out its simple to work with....rip all the old material off and use a grill brush to knock off all the old nasty foam....not going into reupholstering it because you didnt ask that but thats how you get it out

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Nov 3 2003, 08:49 AM
take off all the trim , sun visors, oh shit bars...etc...some vehicles the trim holds them up but once you remove the trim you will be able to see what all needs to come down.....taking them down is the easy part.....getting it out of the car is the bitch...recline and push your seats as far back as you can and take it out through the passenger door to get it out.....once its out its simple to work with....rip all the old material off and use a grill brush to knock off all the old nasty foam....not going into reupholstering it because you didnt ask that but thats how you get it out
yup, he covered everything

doesnt hurt to have someone stand outside the drivers side and guide the rear of the headliner out

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
no problem.....they are all pretty much the same...good way to make some quick side money because it doesnt require hardly any tools..used to bang out about 3 headliners in a weekend for some extra spending $$$

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i have a color chart.....its foam backed...the company i get my stuff from is redrum fabrics...headliners are one piece fabrics....the foam is already attached to the fabric...i showed people the color chart and let them pick between the two colors that matched the best....i typically tried to match the headliner closer to the color of the trim...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts