LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a couple 7-inch monitors, wanna throw them in my headrests. Got the monitors, but I never realized that you can't remove the headrests in the TAhoe/Yukon/Escalades. How do you get the headrests out?!

I wanted to remove the headrests, put the monitors in, then run the wires through the holes for the prongs that are already there. Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the wires for the monitor down through the seats themselves? I think I can handle the rest ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
You need a very small allen wrench. There's a tiny hole in the little plastic thing that is the release. You're not going to be able to route any wires through holes that are already there. The only way to run the wires is down through the seat beside the little plastic thing. It's a whore to do and I'd recommend a wire fish. If you've got airbags in the seats be REALLY damn careful.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why, nobody like helpin' us Canadians out or what?!
lol

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by BG PMPN@Jul 29 2005, 03:16 PM
why, nobody like helpin' us Canadians out or what?!
lol
[snapback]3505784[/snapback]​
According to a lot of the people on the forum I never help anybody out.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right....well whatever, I'll let you know when I get a chance to try what you suggested, I'll let you know how it goes.

Gonna try and find a set of headrests from the junkyard just in case...!!!
If I can't take the rests off, I'll just perform the install with the rests in the car itself. we'll see.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by BG PMPN@Jul 29 2005, 04:27 PM
right....well whatever, I'll let you know when I get a chance to try what you suggested, I'll let you know how it goes.

Gonna try and find a set of headrests from the junkyard just in case...!!!
If I can't take the rests off, I'll just perform the install with the rests in the car itself.  we'll see.
[snapback]3506160[/snapback]​
There's a company called Myron and Davis that make replacement headrests with the monitors built in. They colormatch perfectly to the car.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by quadmasta@Jul 29 2005, 05:36 PM
There's a company called Myron and Davis that make replacement headrests with the monitors built in.  They colormatch perfectly to the car.
[snapback]3506216[/snapback]​
x2

a friend of mine ordered a set and they look pretty damn good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BOOOO!!!!

I already bought these screens though, and I got a pretty not bad price on them, so I gotta kinda use them. I wouldn't have put them in at all, just cuz I got such a good price on them I decided to do it, you know.

Otherwise, if the price was cheap enough, I might have just bought the ready made ones. ah well, whatever, besides, us lowriders like to do shit ourselves, y'all know that!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by BG PMPN@Jul 29 2005, 07:31 PM
BOOOO!!!!

I already bought these screens though, and I got a pretty not bad price on them, so I gotta kinda use them.  I wouldn't have put them in at all, just cuz I got such a good price on them I decided to do it, you know. 

Otherwise, if the price was cheap enough, I might have just bought the ready made ones.  ah well, whatever, besides, us lowriders like to do shit ourselves, y'all know that!
[snapback]3507063[/snapback]​
You install 'em yet?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
naw dude, I was JUST about to PM you - I'm gonna try the install tonight (someone borrowed my truck cuz they were moving).
So is the little hole for the allen key on the HEADREST or the SEAT part of the plastic? And is it a pin, or is it a screw that I have to unscrew to get loose?

after that I think I got it pretty much locked down (I hope) - measure, cut the 'X', hollow it out a bit, drill a small hole for the wires, and fish through the seat. I hate fishing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by BG PMPN@Aug 1 2005, 11:10 AM
naw dude, I was JUST about to PM you - I'm gonna try the install tonight (someone borrowed my truck cuz they were moving).
So is the little hole for the allen key on the HEADREST or the SEAT part of the plastic?  And is it a pin, or is it a screw that I have to unscrew to get loose?

after that I think I got it pretty much locked down (I hope) - measure, cut the 'X', hollow it out a bit, drill a small hole for the wires, and fish through the seat.  I hate fishing.
[snapback]3520343[/snapback]​
The hole in the plastic thing is in the seat where the headrest slides in. You don't have to use an allen wrench, you can use anything that's small enough to fit into the hole, most people have small alen wrenches. You don't have to drill a hole for the wires.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NEVERMIND THE PM!
Found the hole (funny, my GF hears me say the same thing all the time...).

I totalyl misundersood what you were saying about the hole. I thought there should be a trim plate around the bottom, but it turns out it was just the receptacle for the headrest prongs where the hole was!

Got the headrests mounted, now the fun part of connecting the wires and stuff. ugh.

Thanks for your help, maybe I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by BG PMPN@Aug 3 2005, 11:43 AM
NEVERMIND THE PM!
Found the hole (funny, my GF hears me say the same thing all the time...).

I totalyl misundersood what you were saying about the hole.  I thought there should be a trim plate around the bottom, but it turns out it was just the receptacle for the headrest prongs where the hole was!

Got the headrests mounted, now the fun part of connecting the wires and stuff.  ugh.

Thanks for your help, maybe I'll post pics when I'm done.
[snapback]3534107[/snapback]​
You can kinda cram the wires down in the hole where the plastic thing sits. You may have to cut a little but you should only have to run a video cable and the power for the monitor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts